Sunday, August 21, 2022

Snippets

 


Some of the biggest authors around have websites where they publish snippets of their latest work. Especially sci-fi guys like Eric Flint or George RR Martin or Peter Rholdan. They publish a few chapters of their latest to whet the appetite of their fans. 

Now I am not doing that because I don't have a bunch of fans like they do. I just do it as an exercise. Well, that was until I ran into a problem. 

My Microsoft 365 that I bought with my new computer has expired. A purchased a different one from this company Mashable which was a great bargain. The problem is as with all great bargains it is not easy, and it is not working yet. I downloaded it fast enough, but it is not working for some reason.

So, in the meantime I will publish some snippets here. I am up to Chapter Twenty-Nine so far as we will see where we are as we go.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If there is anybody out there.

3 comments:

windbag said...

Chapter 4: I want to see the Law & Order episode this one will be made into.

Chapter 29: The third paragraph sounds like me on a date when I'm 16. After the "bath" I cringed because there's no rinsing, just the dirty water poured over her. Very good description, so that I could imagine it vividly.

I like what you've done so far. Entertaining, easy to read, good stuff.

Trooper York said...

Thanks buddy.

I hope you are having a great summer.

windbag said...

Good to see you being creative. I'm not much of a literary critic, so I don't have much to offer other than "It's got a good beat, and you can dance to it. I'll give it an 87" type stuff. I mostly read for information, not entertainment, in my younger years. I'm reading more fiction these days, but still gravitate toward the boring stuff.

Hope you're doing well. I always meant to get up to NYC to meet you face to face, but I can't imagine what would ever compel me to go there again. Ever. I even avoid upstate, and have only returned a few times in the past 20 years. Summers are the same as when the DQ was open. Back then it was balls to the walls all summer long. Now, as my mother-in-law says, "The days drag by, and the years fly by."