Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thank God tax time is over!!!!!!!!!

Well now I can come up for air. The taxes I could get finished are done and the extensions are

filed. And for the people who sent their stuff after April 10, fuck you very much.



I took the last two days off and worked in the store. Today I went up Court St to get some specialty bulbs from the lighting store and stopped in Book Court to get something to read. I have been downloading and copying EBooks during the tax season so it was fun to buy an actual book for a change. Although E books are definitely the wave of the future especially the advance reader copies of your favorite series.



I also stopped off in the Downtown Bar and Grill that used to be Cousins. I spent (wasted) many an hour on the very bar stool I sat on. It was amazing. The bar was taken over by a couple of Arab guys who used to own a deli. They have no concept of how to run a bar. The music was from the radio and they had twenty beers on tap of which I had heard of precisely two. Now I know a lot about beers so I have to say I had to laugh. The bartender was a ZZtop lookalike who spent more time outside than behind the bar. What a joke. No wonder this guy is losing his shirt.

I know the joint is on the market, I hope someone buys it who knows what they are doing. It's a shame to see how the old hangout has gone to shit.

No comments: