Thursday, July 2, 2015

When you are shopping in Midtown you can have only one response...Jazz hands!



So on our trip into the city we decided to wander around. Lisa had to visit her friends at Louie to let me know what handbag she wants if we get signed to the new show. It is always interesting as it is such a clean and well lit place. It must be frustrating for the clerks because so many people come in to look and so few people buy.

Then we went over to Tiffany's. The sales clerk was very nice and Lisa look at a couple of bracelets. There was a very nice one but I had to gulp when I saw how expensive it was. Not possible right now but know knows in the future. It was still fun for her to check them out and decide which one she likes. When my granddaughter comes in next month we will come back to check it out again.


Finally went to a joint where we could actually spend money. At least a little money. Lisa gets a lot of her make up and eye shadow stuff from Chanel. So she had a ball picking out some stuff from the make up counter. We can never get it from Macy's in Brooklyn because they are always out of it. So she got what she wanted in the right colors.


Lisa even insisted that I get some cologne. I mean it wasn't that bad but I am sure it would be shocking to some people. I remember when we had the show and they said they were going to buy makeup for Lisa. When I told them how much it was they said why can't we just get it from CVS? Right.

One thing about wearing a Hawaiian shirt is that they think you are a tourist. Which I don't care about at all. I know when I am getting ripped off and I know when I will not get a discount. So even though it was reasonable I still had to have my usual reaction when we go shopping in the city.


4 comments:

Methadras said...

I thought Jazz Hands only occurred in Chelsea. Not the Clinton. Just saying...

rcocean said...

Sorry I'm a square. What are Jazz hands?

windbag said...

Jazz Hands

Jazz hands incorporated into the Occupy Wall Street movement.

MamaM said...

Speaking of squares, old men showing Jazz hands while wearing Chanel cologne with their Hawaiian shirt are one short step and slide away from a gold chain and peep holes.

How easy was it to talk you into that purchase?