Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tales of Kellys Garden


Fiver: There's something very queer about the warren this evening.
Hazel: Is it dangerous?
Fiver: No it’s not danger, it's... oh, I don't know. It is very scary. We are all afraid since Flop Ears disappeared.
Bigwig: Hazel…Hazel( Bigwig hops up to the warren all out of breath)
Hazel: What is it Bigwig?
Bigwig: We’ve found Flop Ears. Kehaar found him.
Fiver: What? When was that?
Bigwig: Just a little while ago….look here he comes.(the black headed seagull glides into warren and stops with a couple of little hops)
Bigwig: Tell them Kehaar…tell them what you saw.
Kehaar: KawKaw…ya I see him…he is in cage.
Hazel: A cage? Oh my that is terrible. Did that mean lady in the garden capture him? She likes to torture rabbits you know.
Kehaar: KawKaw…Ne…Ikke…it was at hoytid…at fair.
Bigwig: It’s true. Kehaar was following someone and as he flew by he saw Flop Ears in a cage.
Hazel: Who were you following?
Kehaar: Follow tyyk man on two wheel machine….he always dropping food…better than garbage boat….he drop corn…so good…I swoop in but he can’t bend over…I steal corn…then I see rabbit in cage.
Fiver: We must rescue him. Who knows what they will do to him.
Bigwig: I don’t know Fiver. It will be very dangerous. There are many people…and cats.
Fiver: We must try. We can’t leave him. Can we Hazel?
Hazel: I don’t know Fiver. We can try. I will call for volunteers.
Bigwig: It will be very dangerous Hazel, are you sure?
Hazel: Well if we can survive flying wine bottles for two years anything’s possible.

8 comments:

dr kill said...

I'd like to cage Tim McCarver, or at least put Joe Buck's box in his mouth.

dr kill said...

Cat Woman's box is too good for him. Plus I think he likes to sleep with his Steve Carlton Blow-up doll better.

NTTAWWT. AJ likes his Greg Luzinski doll.


I like Jay Johnstone best.

blake said...

I feel like I should get this...yet...I don't.

Michael Haz said...

Hey hey hey! What's my bunny doing on your blog?

I'm telling ya, I may have to go to plus size wimmen on my blog if you don't straighten out.

ricpic said...

Okay, I'll take a quess. The rabbit is Titus.

Trooper York said...

You have to check out Michael H's blog to figure this one out.

Remember it's all meataphors here.

Rabbit meataphors.

ricpic said...

Meataphor...meataphor...the rabbit is Meade!

Penny said...

OK, this is a serious comment about rabbits, and me too I guess.

Yesterday I was sitting on my patio and this rabbit came up to within twelve inches of my foot and just sat there looking at me, while I, of course, sat there motionless and looking back, savoring the moment for what it was. VERY special.

The very same thing happened to me about three or four years ago, and I never forgot it.

So here's my question to the rest of you. Is this a common thing that I have little experience with? Or is it as rare as it feels to me?