Monday, January 5, 2015

Bill De Blasio doesn't know a freaking thing about respect.



Red Bill De Blasio has commented on the fact that some police officers turned their back on his empty eulogy at that funeral for Officer Liu. The Sandinista fan said:

“Those individuals who took certain actions this last week––or last two weeks, really––they were disrespectful to the families involved. That’s the bottom line. They were disrespectful to the families who had lost their loved one. And I can’t understand why anyone would do such a thing in a context like that.”

Let's review who was disrespectful and who was not. De Blasio did not show up for the wake for Officer Ramos until 9pm after it was over. He missed the eulogy from the Officer's minister and more importantly the moving tribute from his son. What did he possibly have to do that was more important than being there early to show his "respects." This is the guy who went to the gym instead of attending the funeral of Herman Badillo who was a pioneering leader in the Hispanic Community. What does he have against Hispanics?

Did you ever attend a wake? What you do is you show up early and show your respects. You sit quietly and maybe say a prayer. You might participate when the priest or minister or rabbi says a prayer. I have been at wakes and memorials and services for almost every religion and creed in my day and I always saw everyone show up on time and be respectful.

He didn't show up late for Officer Liu's service. He came. He stayed for fifteen minutes. FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did he have to do that was so important that he couldn't stay for more than the time it takes to fry up an eggroll. What does he have against Chinese people?

What does he have against Cops?

We know what he has against them. He had to warn his son that he might get killed by a racist cop when he is much more likely to get hit by lightning or eaten by a shark. He had to reinstate the Judge who let a perp walk who had posted terroristic threats against the NYPD just like the guy who ended up killing the two officers. He defended the chief of staff who has a boyfriend who is a career criminal. He has members of the his administration who post things like "Fuck the Police" on their twitter.

The proof is in the pudding. The pudding that is Al Sharpton that sits at his right hand when he makes decisions about policing the city.

I won't get into his wife and her associates and attitudes. I will just let you know that she wore a pair of jeans to the funeral.

Respect. Yeah. Right.

15 comments:

Michael Haz said...

When my brother the cop died, the Chief was at the wake and at the service. He had fired my brother once, then rehired him a year later because the PBA attorney was going to sue. Neither my brother nor the chief held hard feelings about it.

It didn't matter. He came to the wake, and he stayed at the wake for hours. he hugged every family member, spoke with every grandparent, parent, sibling, child, cousin, aunt uncle neighbor, whoever. He sat with my sister-in-law and they both cried.

He walked behind the casket when it was taken out of church in put into the hearse, his hand on the back. He was at the cemetery when it was delivered.

He avoided the press and the cameras. He went to the police bar afterwards and put a wad of money on the bar. It wasn't union versus management, it was just a group of cops mourning the loss of a brother.

De Blasio is a shadow of a man; a shadow who lacks compassion for those who serve. He hates the police, he hates what they do. And that hatred has become the vehicle that took in into office. He cannot and will not change who he is.

What a pathetic, weak, hateful man he is.

And he demands that those in uniform whom he disparages give him their respect. Little prick of a dictator.

Michael Haz said...

I haven't seen the photos, and I've read in several places that DeBlasio's wife showed up the the second funeral wearing blue jeans.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Hi Trooper.

I posted your de Blasio comment as a guest post of it's own.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

thanks.

I'm also tweeting it.

Aridog said...

As someone who wears jeans regularly, there are still a few places I go that I "dress up" in at least a sport coat with neat slacks and polished shoes, if not a suit & tie as well. A funeral or memorial service would be one of those times & places. Another would be dinner at a good restaurant with friends, even if they don't dress similarly. Maybe a stop at a Coney Island place would be an exception.

Wearing jeans to a funeral or memorial service simply says you have better things to do and didn't really want to be there. Respect indeed.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Bill de Blasio has a character defect and this will only get worse. If he was smart, which he is not, he would have begged for forgiveness to the NYPD. It would not be sincere, but politically it is what he should do.

Naw, he is going to double down and go full retard.

Never go full retard.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You always dress for a funeral and you show respect. You sure as hell don't go late.

Aridog said...

De Blasio has a major defect...he can't seem to just shut up...or speak out when he should ... then he's silent. The guy has a tin ear and imaginary values. Of course, that's a lot like our dear leader who must make himself the focus of everything.

ndspinelli said...

Great post and great comments as well!

I loathe dressing up. However, as s show of respect, I ALWAYS wear a suit and tie @ weddings, funerals and when I appear in court. When we moved to Wi. I gradually noticed people were more casual in what they wear. That's not something I tend to notice. I was raised to dress appropriately for those venues, but pay little mind to how others dress. Early in my career working in Wi. I had a surveillance. The woman I learned the woman I learned the subject I was watching was about to be the mother of he bride, weddings are a great venue for undercover work. So, I put on a suit and went to the church, knowing the reception was where the action would be, but I wanted folks to see me @ the church to acclimate them to my face. In a situation like that, you have to become everyman, folks from the groom side figure you're w/ the bride, and vice versa. If you're comfortable and @ ease, you just blend in w/ the crowd. A digression on tradecraft, mea culpa. Anyway, when I put on my suit my bride said, "You're overdressed, this is a rural Wi. wedding." I shrugged her off. Well, I get to the church and I took note of what folks were wearing and I was horribly overdressed. I drove home and got all Cheeesheady in my attire. I blended in @ the reception. I drank free beer[didn't eat the buffet, it seemed rude], got in w/ the band on an elevated stage and shot from behind them, down on the dance floor as the MOB tripped the light fantastic. An elevated position is great for snipers and video surveillance.

This is a serious post. But, my meandering comment is to point out just how inappropriate jeans are @ a funeral in the northeast. I was raised not far from NYC and those sensibilities on dress come from there. I don't believe you can teach empathy, it is God given and he doesn't give it to all. But, you can teach respect, I did it w/ many kids as a baseball coach. The mayor knows NOTHING about respect for cops. and he sure as fuck has not a scintilla of empathy.

Michael Haz said...

Never go full retard.

This should be the next phrase on the masthead of Lem's blog.

rcocean said...

Its not only "Inappropriate" it was a deliberate insult.

These characters are extremely conscious of how they dress in public, and whether they need to be on time or can run late for an event.

rcocean said...

The only exception seems to be Gov. Christie who cries/hugs/yells in public without a thought as to how he is perceived.

ndspinelli said...

Trooper hates Christie as much as de Blasio. Trooper is like Mikey on those old Life cereal ads. "Let Mikey try it, he hates everything." And, Trooper also hates Mikey, since he's a kid.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Troop should change his avatar to W.C. Fields.

chickelit said...

De Blasio is a New York Bozo