Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Anthony Cumia arrested for assaulting his girlfriend



Anthony Cumia of "Opie and Anthony" fame was arrested for allegedly beating up his girlfriend. The girlfriend posted a video in which she claims he broke her wrist and her ribs. Cumia was arrested and released without bail.

I have always followed Opie and Anthony. You will remember when Anthony got fired from his satellite radio gig because of tweets he made after he was assaulted in Times Square by a hooker. He was taking photos and this broad objected to her photo being taken so she hauled off and whacked him. He made the mistake of saying what he really thought about the situation. He got murdered. Lost his gig. Lost everything. For being honest.

He started his own program which is pretty good. It is subscription service. I admit I am cheap and did not subscribe. Mostly because I don't have time to listen anymore. But I do catch up with the highlights on Youtube. Consistently funny especially when he has good guests. I don't know what this new arrest will do to him. I suspect nothing. His fans are his fans. The question is how bitter will he get. If he keeps the funny he can do great things. But I think it is pretty hard to be funny when you are so pissed at getting screwed over.

I can't wait to see what he has to say about this.

1 comment:

Trooper York said...

How freaking shanky is his girlfriend.

She looks like a crack head Pat Benatar.