Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I went to the movies and a living room broke out.



I never go to the actual movies. I mean I have been to about five movies in the actual theaters in the last five years. Only to big budget superhero movies where you want the big screen. Even then it is an ordeal in Brooklyn.

You see you have to deal with the audience. Screaming and talking through the whole show. Or better yet throwing things and fighting. Who needs that crap. So when the Florida people suggested we go see the new Star Wars I was kind of hesitant. You see I am not a big Star Wars fan. I guess it passed me by. I mean I have seen the movies but I didn't think it was all that big a deal. But apparently it is.

We went to this opulent suburban movie palace. It was all so different. They bought the tickets in advance and their was assigned seating. Our seats were reserved and they only had to flash the
I-phone and we were good to go.

The seats were unbelievable. They were full recliners with lots of room. With a cup holder. Plenty of spaces between the seats and to pass by. Now this means there are a lot fewer seats in the theater so that will never fly in New York.

All in all it was a pleasant experience. Well except for the movie. I mean it is what it is. It's Star Wars made by interminably politically correct  Hollywood Assholes. The trailers were what was interested. It was about five features that were all about the apocalypse. Some how the world is ending and the Xmen or some hero is going to save it as everything is getting destroyed.

In the end I guess I just prefer TV.

1 comment:

ricpic said...

America outside NYC is a real shocker. I mean suburban and exurban America. All that space, all that amplitude. And people who are actual human beings. You can feel your whole being slowly exhaling, relaxing. Ach....a mechayeh.