Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Garage Mahal's Road Kill Korner-Revised


"garage mahal said...
Asking politely to take this fucking crap down. "


Well I guess I will do that. I realize that this one was a little over the top. I thought it was on the edge my ownself. I think our buddy MadisonMan said it best when he said something I said was "very funny, but very cruel."


Which is how I roll.


I will always delete something when it really bothers someone and it is really on the edge. I have done it before and I will do it again. But I would like to talk about the elephant in the room.


Sometimes we can take our arguments on the Internet a little too far. Ritmo and I talk about this all the time. We stake out a position and we always end up arguing with the people who are always on the other side of the equation. In the cut and thrust of the debate, sometimes we can take it too far and say things and take positions that aren't really how we feel. That allow our opponents to caricature our beliefs and positions. And it can really go too far. Quickly. Like a brush fire burning out of control as more and more fodder is thrown on and we have an internet bon fire of the vanities.


People of good faith can argue all they want and at the end of the day we can acknowledge our common humanity and good faith and agree to disagree. But sometimes you need to step back. Take a look at what your arguments are really saying. And at the rest of the players on your team. If they are people you normally find pretty odious, you might want to step back and lay low a little. It's ok to feel the way you feel but not everyone is going to argue in good faith and it can degenerate into a shitstorm that doesn't do anybody any good.

Me, I just like to bust balls on the internet. But if it is a sensitive spot, maybe you have been wounded there. So to speak.


But I will tell you one thing. No matter how many times you ask.....and how much you plead....I am not deleting that photo of SixtyGrit in his Man Spanx.

16 comments:

Ron said...

That looks like a scene from that great movie Nazi Chicken!

garage mahal said...

Asking politely to take this fucking crap down.

The Dude said...

Isn't the lil' anti-Semite cute when he's angry? Aw, lil' fellow, settle down, you are just having your balls busted. Oh, right - my bad...

chickelit said...

Troop: Go ahead and use strike through font and cross out Garage's name in this one and put my name up there instead.

I can take the heat.

chickelit said...

you are just having your balls busted.

Shouldn't that be having your ball busted (singular).

Historically speaking of course.

Anonymous said...

Troop, I have to agree with garage mahal on this one, so, if any fucking crap appears on this site, please take it down (none spotted thus far, although there are instances of stupid shit.)

Trooper York said...

Hey guys, I honored Garage Mahals request. In all of my dealings with him, I have found him to be a good man and I will cut him a little slack since I touched a nerve with this one.

Sometimes you can get caught up and take things too far. I don't know if this post qualifies but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I truely do not think he is Anti-semitic but that he hasn't the same experiances that I have and doesn't see things the way I do. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Trooper York said...

Oh and that's a photo of all you guys with the elephant in the room.

But he is outside.

WTF.

garage mahal said...

Thanks. I understand my screen name is only fictitious, but on the internet it's all I got man.

Trooper York said...

That's ok garage.

Watch out for the elephant now.

Darcy said...

Hi, garage!

Trooper, you're a good guy. I think you took one down for me too once.

And thank you for the comment at my blog. I don't speak Chinese, so it's tough to keep up over there. :)

And hey! You'll miss me this year in NYC. I'm not going to the Open. So, soooo bummed about that. I wanted to visit Lee Lee's!

reader_iam said...

Good on you, Troop.

garage mahal said...

Women tennis players are always so dang hawt.

Oh hey Darcy!

blake said...

I always like to know what line was crossed. But I read all these and can't recall anything over the line (which is usually the case; I'm just oblivious).

Glad you guys settled amicably, though.

ricpic said...

I haven't the foggiest what the dispute is about but let me tellya, you want wild? circus folk am wild!

I'm Full of Soup said...

Ritmo? Reasonable? Concerned that things go too far? that's a good one.