Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's going to be a long week.


I am spending the whole week working at the store. But mainly as a bouncer.


You see they are having this bogus event called "Full Figured Fashion Week" in which a bunch of events have been staged by a promoter to "call attention" to the Plus size industry. Some of our vendors and former vendors are attending as well as a bunch of so called "designers" who will be in town all week.


Now in this business everybody copies everybody. It is endemic to the industry. In fact there is a specific number of differences that you have to have in a design so people can't sue you for copying their shit. But lets just say that a lot of stuff is "inspired" by someone else's designs. So we have to be careful that we don't get ripped off on our original dresses. We had a designer come to a trunk show, take a cell phone photo and actually whip out a tape measure. I had to throw her out on her ass.


You see my job is to be the dick. And I am very good at it. I want to wife to be friends with everybody and I can be the bad guy. Because I don't see any upside to being nicey nice with people that want to rip you off.


So I will be bouncing their asses out of the store all week long.

1 comment:

blake said...

That's chutzpah!