Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Belated Happy Father's Day


I didn't do our annual Father's Day Post because we were out celebrating a new "Father."

Our cousin Anthony has become a priest and he celebrated his first mass. About 400 people went to the church in Long Beach where he used to go as a kid and where he celebrated his first mass. Appropiately on "Father's Day." He became Father Anthony.

He had a long and varied career before he got his vocation. He was a NYC cop, a DEA agent, an agent for the State Department and an FBI agent. So he was all over the map. As were the guests. There were family members of course and people from the State Department and FBI agents and mobsters he had arrested or was related too.
The whole magilla.

We went to visit the wife's father first who wasn't feeling too well and couldn't come to the party. My Dad has passed of course but I was thinking of him. So while I was in Mass a said a prayer for them and all you fathers out there.

Happy belated Fathers Day.

11 comments:

Peter V. Bella said...

Now that's a Father's Day to remember.

rcocean said...

Congratulations. BTW, its only when you stand next to someone normal that I realize how big you are.

Trooper York said...

Well that's the thing. I have always been a big guy and had to deal with what being a big guy means. You can hurt somebody without even trying. And you can kind of intimidate them without even thinking about it. So it best to be happy and fun and not mean and angry or you will be fighting all the time. Just sayn'

Ruth Anne Adams said...

With chalice aforethought?

Trooper York said...

Indeed.

It was a beautiful chalice. Cost over $20,000. One of his friends bought it for him.

blake said...

You guys have a Long Beach?

Ruth Anne Adams said...

One of our young fellows was just ordained. In his chalice was the diamond from his deceased mother's engagement ring. There was quite a beautiful symbolism in that, I thought. I believe he was her only son.

Derve Swanson said...

Are you the fat guy in pink then?

Trooper York said...

Yes Mary that's me.

blake said...

You look like you've lost considerable weight, actually.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have to say that the actual cost of a chalice never entered my mind, ever.
I'm glad that your cousin has finally found himself, what a journey.