Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tales of Amy's Garden


Bigwig: Hyzenthlay.
Hyzenthlay: Sir?
Bigwig: I'd like to talk with you.
Hyzenthlay: Yes Sir.
Bigwig: I just wanted to know what is going on at the old warren. We don’t want any surprises.
Hyzenthlay: Lots of stuff sir. It’s seems the lady who owned the garden is moving. She is packing up all of her stuff.
Bigwig: Really. Everything? That is a lot of stuff.
Hyzenthlay: Yes sir. All of her dresses made from old venetian blinds. The cases of peroxide on the porch. The photo’s she take with her broken lense of flowers and dogs urinating. Even the empty Paul Masson bottles she like to throw into the yard. All of it.
Bigwig: That’s crazy. Why is she moving?
Hyzenthlay: I don’t know sir. I overheard her telling the farmer that lives with her that one day she tried to come home but her house had disappeared. I think she just had too much wine but that is not for me to say. I mean how much is too much?
Bigwig: Really. That reminds me of old times. How could a whole house disappear? That sounds like the lady in the garden that I remember. She used to make rabbits disappear all the time.
Hyzenthlay: Well the new place will be very different. You will have to show identification and everything before you get into her garden. She wants your name and social security number and blood type and a stool sample and everything. She even wants a paw print.
Bigwig: Well that might mean that a lot of people won’t want to come visit anymore. The noisy blue jay likes to flit in and out and won’t want to show his papers every day. He is very flighty and spends too much time examining his poop to worry about carrying his passport. The angry badger hates to show his claws. Well he likes to show his claws but only when he wants to do it. Even the self involved crow won’t want to show his stuff every time he drops by. He just wants to pop in and get everyone else to come back to his place. It’s a black crow thing.
Hyzenthlay: I know. I guess she doesn’t care. She spent a lot of money on this new place. She has people fixing it up and everything and not just the farmer she got to cook her meals and trim her lettuce.
Bigwig: Well that doesn’t sound like her. She is really cheap. I remember how she used to fight with the pizza guy all the time because she gave him a nickel tip. That’s why he used to put that green stuff on her pie all the time. And I don’t mean basil.
Hyzenthlay: I don’t know. I guess she feels it’s worth it to move. It must be scary if your house disappears. Or something.
Bigwig:Well I guess you will be going with her. I expect a full report on the move. Carry on Hyzenthlay.
Hyzenthlay: Yes sir. Will you be coming back again soon sir...
Bigwig: Perhaps. I if I can find my way to then new farm. We shall see. Just be careful when you go there. The lady is hard to figure out sometimes. You never know which way she will jump.
Hyzenthlay: Yes sir if you say so sir.

8 comments:

blake said...

O, opaque parable, whatever could you mean?

chickelit said...

I heard she's moving to country where there are lots of natural blondes.

It could be interesting.

Trooper York said...

Hey I don't make this stuff up.

I just transcibe it for informational purposes only.

Meade said...

Hosta la vista, baby!

chickelit said...

@Meade I just read that the guy hostas were named after really was Austrian. I hate when the world gets smaller. I want my world to expand.

deborah said...

The force is strong with this one :)

chickelit said...

Bigwig said: Just be careful when you go there. The lady is hard to figure out sometimes. You never know which way she will jump.

Bigwig sounds like a good-hearted crossing guard, unlike garage mahal who relishes seeing good critters getting run over so he can eat their parts. One day this farce will all come apart and it won't be a pretty sight.

windbag said...

Curious to see the changes, once they're in place. Who drops out. The word "subscription" was tossed out. Is that in the pure sense, indicating actually paying for access? If so, forget it.