Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I am kinda loving my kindle....whoda thunk it?



I am your basic old school guy. I try to do almost everything the way we used to do it back in the day. So when the kindle came out I was all against it. I love the feel of a book. I read them over and over. Recently when "Game of Thrones" came on everyone was amazed about how much I remember about it but that was only because I had read it about twenty times.

I remember who I scoffed about the kindle and that I would never use it. Then the wife bought it for me and I am loving it. Now she only bought it because she hates my books. You see I have them all over the place. Piles and piles of them. Of all kinds. History, mystery, science fiction and cooking. She just freaks out that I have so many. So she thought with the kindle the tall piles of books wouldn't be falling over all the time.

I have been buying books on the kindle like it is going out of style. I just have to think of one and then I order it for about five bucks. It sort of reminds me of when CD's came out. I have some stuff on vinyl, cassette and CD's. I am just chugging along buying stuff left and right.

Oh and I bought the whole "Game of Thrones" four book set. And I reread them.

It was great.

12 comments:

deborah said...

Amazon one-click is the devil.

edutcher said...

What happens if it gets wet?

windbag said...

My daughter received one for her birthday. She loves it. One of the cool features is that most of the classics are free. I guess they figure nobody is buying "Great Expectations" anymore. So, we loaded up a bunch of freebies. However, I don't intend to ever read a book on one of them new fangled gadgets.

Can Amish purchase kindles?

Trooper York said...

It's actually cool to read from. I got the one with the built in light so if I can't sleep I can read and not disturb the wife.

Trooper York said...

Unlike most things it is not more fun if it get's wet. Just sayn'

Trooper York said...

The one-click is the problem allright. If you don't pay attention when you are pushing buttons you end up buying something.

deborah said...

I haven't gotten one yet, but the big draw for me is the magnification. It spoils you.

So far I've only downloaded a Kindle app to my laptop.

blake said...

Ned Stark!! Why?!?!?!?!?!?

(Have you seen the video review of Episode 9, Troop?)

TTBurnett said...

Kindles are great.

Only problem is they just don't burn like books.

They haven't tried it yet, but I think Kindles would blend better, though.

chickelit said...

They haven't tried it yet, but I think Kindles would blend better, though.

iPads blend well: link

windbag said...

I especially like the video camera episode, followed by the trying to return the video camera to Best Buy episode.

Trooper York said...

I didn't see the review but the thing about Game of Thrones is that a lot of people die. The main characters and the focus change. Not just from book to book but from chapter to chapter. Nobody is safe. Many of the main characters that are left will not survive Season 2. Of course new ones pop up to take their place. Just like in real life.