Sunday, August 19, 2012

That's why they call it a Bed and Breakfast.



Seatuck House has a great breakfast every morning. Colleen cooks up some good shit. Pancakes. Waffles. Eggs and Bacon.

It always starts with coffee and juice and a hot pastry. Maybe a muffin. Or a scone. Wrapped in a napkin so it is piping hot to eat with butter or jam.

Then a fruit cup. Lisa is a little restricted on her diet so she can't eat really sugary stuff. No pineapples or cantaloupes or other big time sugars. But berries are fine. So we got a big fruit cup of berries every morning.

Then the main course. I was a stinker and ate whatever she made that day. Like pancakes or waffles. But Colleen made Lisa a special breakfast every day. First she made her soy shake that I usually prepare for her. Then the fruit cup and the coffee. Then eggs made in a variety of ways that are tasty but without too much sugar. She scrambles them with a little cream cheese which makes a superb dish.

We have become really good friends with Colleen. She has come to the store to shop and we spend a lot of time with her when we are there. We usually eat dinner together and they love to go shopping. Which works for me.

I get to sit back and think of pancakes.

Ahhhh. Pancakes!!!!!

8 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Berries are awesome in the summer.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Did you mean to combine eggs and sugar in a sentence. It is fine if you are doing custard, but the context seemed to suggest you meant salt.

ricpic said...

My whole breakfast is coffee and a roll or bagel. Not that I wouldn't love to eat a pancake plus bacon and egg breakfast but I just can't handle that amount of food in the AM. What, you don't find that fascinatin?!

Chip S. said...

I took EBL's advice from the other day and went to the farmer's market for some perfect tomatoes. This morning I had turkey bacon and tomato slices on a bagel.

Yum!

blake said...

I'm going paleo.

Not the diet, I'm just moving into a cave.

Chip S. said...

Once you do that, the diet pretty much takes care of itself.

windbag said...

I usually drink my breakfast...lunch, too, most days.

Titus said...

My favorite breaky is lobster or crab eggs bene.

So delish.

I pinch massive seafood smelling loafs after those breaky's.

tits.