Friday, March 27, 2020

Spring is coming.......and a Man needs a Mexican


On our next to last foray into Trader Joe's we found these daffodils that were really cheap. They were half sprouted so we simply put them in the window box and they have started to sprout nicely. All of our annuals are going along great as well. I clipped and cleaned them and they are well on their way to sprouting and looking great this spring.

The issue is the gardeners. My mother-in-law had this Italian guy doing the garden for ten years. Last year he sold the business to his best worker this Mexican guy. We had problems with this guy all summer. You see he only had one key employee and the rest of the crew are just tacos he got from Home Depot. So they had no idea and would pull out flowers or trample growing sprouts. I had to stay outside and watch them like a hawk. Which defeats the purpose because they are just supposed to do the job without you knowing about it.

So before the season I tried to call him to make an appointment to go over what we wanted done. What needed to be trimmed and cleaned. Funny thing. There was no answer on his phone. Not on his office phone. Not on his cell phone.

Today a whole new crop of Mexicans showed up. They had the battered tools of that company but when I questioned the guy he said he had bought the company. I told him to forget it. I don't want sloppy thirds.

I investigated a new service but they are all pretty pricey. We basically did most of the cleaning and trimming ourselves last year. I think we are going to do that and just hire a local kid with a lawnmower like in "Leave it to Beaver" times. Fuck it. why not save money and enjoy more time in the garden. With Nature.


1 comment:

chickelit said...

I think we are going to do that and just hire a local kid with a lawnmower like in "Leave it to Beaver" times. Fuck it. why not save money and enjoy more time in the garden. With Nature.

Good call!