Friday, September 21, 2012

Remembrance of things Pabst



So last night we had a big deadline. We were sending out a bunch of clothing that was going to be part of a fashion show in Detroit. Yes Detroit. I am trying to tap the African American market a little bit more than we have. The lady who ran the fashion show for "Plus Night Out" was doing this event so we decided to give it a try.

Anyway after we got the shipment ready we decided to take our employees out to dinner. We do that every once in a while. It builds morale and is a nice gesture. I think that we might over do it but what the fuck why not. So we decide to go to Enoteca which is basically our cafeteria.

You see Marco Polo is closed for renovations and Enoteca is jammed every night. But it was kind of slow last night so we got a nice table in the garden in the back. Since it was a little chilly they had it enclosed and the heaters on so it was nice and toasty.

We had a few cocktails and some appetizers and were chatting away when Dana one of my employees gets a text on her phone. She goes "Oh shit." When we ask what is wrong she says that her friend that was going to be her date for a wedding she was a bridesmaid in has backed out of going with her. I tell her no problem. I call Denny the waiter over and ask him if he would be Dana's date. He said sure. She was mortified.

Now you have to know that I am just as big a ball buster as ND Spinelli and I have to give it to everybody. I had just finished telling Denny (who is Filipino) that when I get an estate in Hawaii he could be the house boy.
He really appreciated that one. So he loved it when we were busting on Dana.

After a few more drinks she went off to the bathroom and that's where the wife got in on the act. She goes "I would piss my pants if you had every waiter in the restaurant say as we are walking out  "Don't worry Dana I will go to the wedding with you!"

So of course I set it up.

As we were leaving all the waiters, busboys, a few barflies and the female bartender all shouted out "Don't worry Dana I will go to the wedding with you!"

Our employees just love to work at Lee Lee's Valise.

1 comment:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

That was pretty funny. Very good.