Saturday, February 2, 2013

ee cummings on Ave Vigoda

i carry your heart with me(i carry it like
a fooball)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

i fear
no fate(for I take deer antler extract)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it football)

and I know that the Ravens will win.

4 comments:

MamaM said...

Reading poetry, even if you are only reading to find a secret message hidden within its words, can often give one a feeling of power, the way you can feel powerful if you are the only one who brought an umbrella on a rainy day, or the only one who knows how to untie knots when you’re taken hostage.

Lemony Snicket, THE GRIM GROTTO

MamaM said...

The above, brought to you from...

A Series of Unfortunate Quotes!

ricpic said...

hey Dan, you forgot sump'n

if hurried
my poem is a football
that wobbles;
when I'm in the pocket
like a bullet
it hits the mark.

the secret
(are you listening, Marino?)
is protection.

windbag said...

We (my wife) read the Lemony Snicket books aloud to the kids on road trips. I think we listened to a couple on CD, too. We also read the Harry Potter books on trips. Way fun and lots of good memories.