Saturday, March 23, 2013

They didn't care how ,many shots the Riflemand had!

I just downloaded a couple of books to read in between working like a dog at the store.

I got a biography of Chuck Conners who starred in two of my favorite Western TV shows of all time. "The Rifleman" and "Branded." As well as one of the worst shows ever "Cowboy in Africa."

They are replaying the "Rifleman" on METV and I have been DVRing them all week. What is great about them is that they are mostly written and directed by Sam Peckinpah. You can't get much better than that.

Chuck was a teammate of Jackie Robinson on the Brooklyn Dodgers and played center for the Boston Celtics as well as starring in over 70 films and tons of TV shows.

The book should be pretty interesting.

3 comments:

rcocean said...

Loved the Rifleman as a kid, even though I saw it in re-runs. I remember the theme song from "Branded" too.

"Branded - What do you do when you're Branded? And you know you're a mannnn"

Love how they tore off Chuck's epaulets and broke his sword in two.

rcocean said...

I didn't care as a kid, but what the women in the Rifleman. I assume Lucas had plenty of girlfriends but they probably all got killed or left for some reason.

chickelit said...

There wasn't no women in "The Rifleman". I assumed that was why he made that sailor movie in the 50's.