Friday, August 29, 2014

Everybody is on vacation this week

This is the week that a whole bunch of people go on vacation. Which means I am busting my ass more than ever.

We are finishing the back room with a lot of unexpected problems. To add to that we have our production and pattern maker from California staying with us this week as we plan out what we are doing for the upcoming season. I am hiring new people as my strongest employee quit on me and I have to open the store every morning. To top it off Marco Polo was closed!

We went there last Sunday for the last day before their vacation. I had the meatballs and rigatoni which is the special. But that meant I pretty much cooked every night after a long, long day. I am looking forward to a couple of days of rest.

1 comment:

ndspinelli said...

It is strictly a northeast thing that businesses close for a week or two in August for vacation. I like that. Our family restaurant closed for 2 weeks.