Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Joey Gallo's Lament


Joey walked into the Luna and scanned the crowd. In the back he saw his brothers with Joe Jelly and couple of the boys. He strutted in and took a chair from an adjoining table.
“Well the Snake is out. It is just us. So we better get moving. I think we have to go to the mattresses because once the shit hits they well be up our ass. Especially that mick fuck Kelly. He has a hard on for me and he is going to roust us at every opportunity. We can yank him back a little by threatening to pull the pad but if the Snake makes up the diff then we are fucked big time.” Joey grabbed a piece of  scungilli off of Joey’s plate and scarfed it down.
Larry Gallo was the brains of the outfit and he looked very troubled. His long sad basset hound face got even sadder. “Joey are you sure that we are gonna do this. I mean this is gonna be a shit storm. Maybe we can do it off the books without showing our hand and letting them know what we are doing.”
“Look they ain’t dummies. At least not old man Profaci. That miserable fuck survived every fuckin war since Joe the Boss. He knows where every nickel is and he will know if we are holding back. So we might as well go balls to the wall. I want to snatch up Profaci and couple of capo’s. Bug Eye and Joe Colombo at the least.”
“And then what? You think he is gonna keep his word when we let him go? You know he is gonna promise the world and not do shit once he is back in his fortress in Jersey. He is just gonna put us out there and there will blood in the streets. We got what…twenty maybe twenty five guys? He’s got a hundred who will be running to put a bullet in your face to get straightened out. Plus the little man and Three Fingers will take his side. They don’t want to see no boss get whacked. Unless they did it like the Hatter. I mean if we are gonna do it we need to finish it. How many times do I have to tell ya. Don’t ask for permission. Cause they are just gonna say no. Just do it. Then you can apologize. But you did it and they can’t undo it.”
“That’s fuckin nuts” said Joe Jelly. “I mean I’m ready. I don’t give a shit. I will put a couple in his greasy guinea head. But why kidnap him. Just whack him and his sons when they come out of the Olive Oil Company. What the fuck? Why make it complicated?”
“Why…because I said so” growled Joey. “If we drop a bunch of bodies in the street we will have the cops up the ass. And the other Dons are not likely to let it lay. This ain’t fuckin Chicago and you ain’t fuckin Al Capone even if you got the sylph. Capise you fuckin chooch?”
Joe Jelly ground his teeth. He was a tough guy. Nobody talked to him like that. Nobody. He had twenty two bodies. But he didn’t fuck with Joey. “Whatever you say boss. Whatever you say.”
Larry just shrugged. “Ok I just thought we should talk about it. What happened at the cops Joe? I haven’t heard you say what was going on?”
Joey snorted and gulped a shot of anisette and a sip of espresso. “It was that stroonze Kelly. He just likes to fuck with me. He had that pig partner of his tune me up and asked about Tringale. He knows it was up. Even knew he owed the vig. Somebody is fuckin’ blabbing. Bobby you better find out. It’s your ass if this goes any further. Kelly is like a freakin dog with a bone. He ain’t gonna let it go. So we gotta make sure nobody drops a dime.”
Bobby B was the youngest member of the crew. Still a kid basically. But his uncle had been in the can with Larry before he caught the cancer so they were bringing him along. He woulda been graduating high school if he hadn’t been kicked out for makin’ book. He had longish hair like one of those Beatle faggots but they overlooked it because they used him to sell babina and weed to the kids. So he had to fit in. Him and his running buddy Little Joe the Plumbers son were out every night working the younger crowd. I mean they were out there looking for trim but Bobby was always looking to peddle shit. It was a great way to score some bacala.
“Don’t worry Joe. I will find out what’s what and let you know. Those mooks will keep their mouths shut. I promise” said Bobby. “You better you simple fuck” said Joey. “It’s your ass. If you ever want to get straightened out you have to do a clean job without the cops coming around to roust us every minute. That shit don’t work for me. So figure it out before I have to get involved.”
“I don’t know Joe” Larry said sadly. “I mean if we can’t handle shit like this how the fuck are we gonna take on all of the family? You sure?”
“I’m sure Larry. There ain’t no turning back now. So stop with the questions and help me win this? Ok?”
“I guess so Joe. Waddagonnado?”

5 comments:

The Dude said...

Hey, Herman Carol, it's "capisce", capisce?

Just doin' my job here.

Trooper York said...

What?

You think Joey Gallo can spell?

The Dude said...

I got nuttin' to say 'bout dat.

chickelit said...

Sixty Grit said...
Hey, Herman Carol, it's "capisce", capisce?

Smile when you say that, partner.

The Dude said...

Yiddish always makes me smile.