Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Smile when you say that partner!



Deletion policy is a very interesting thing. It has destroyed certain blogs. It eventually rears it's ugly head when blog matures and enough people have been there long enough for factions to develop and resentments fester. Of course these fights can start much faster when the dynamic is transferred to a new blog with people that know each other from other places.

I am basically a first amendment absolutist but maybe I am also the self righteous hypocrite that some have delighted in calling me. By limiting access to this blog I have basically eliminated the problem. I did have people here who I gave the benefit of the doubt like Titus and Inga and the Crack Emcee. Their own mental compulsions and psychosis led to them being banned. I can control that because it is a closed blog and you have to be approved to comment here. But if you are approved you have free reign. To curse and blaspheme. To say stupid stuff. To be stupid as much as you want to be. But I draw the line at attacks on family or children. I don't think it is fair to attack a spouse who is not commenting and is not on the internet. They are innocent and it is not cool to bring them into the fight. Children are always off limits.

What to do with someone like Meade is interesting. I like Michael Haz's policy to delete personal attacks with extreme prejudice. That works with Meade because that is all he's got. I mean why a person who calls everyone at Lem's racists and sexists and homophobes but still wants to post there should be a mystery. But it's not. He wants to drum up business for his wife's declining blog. He did so much as openly call for people to go over there today. I joked that TOP averaged 25 comments a thread now but Icepick corrected me. It's more like 35. Whoopise.

I have not been at Crack's or TOP for over a month. It is funny how you can still be fully informed though. I have a lurker who doesn't comment here but sends me excerpts and reports. I don't comment directly on them because I don't want to follow the link to give them clicks and page views. So I might mention them in a passing comment and let people correct me if I got it wrong. For instance I heard that Crack posted Michael Haz's photo in one of his ridiculous diatribes. Now both Michael and I are not scared of He-Man Master of the Universe threats from Crack. He is selling Wolf tickets he can't cash. I mean he was ruminating about who he knew in New York that would come to the store and shoot me. Nice right. You can't get too upset about the ravings of a lunatic.

I hope this chapter in our journey in the internet is over. Now that Crack is being ignored or deleted when he shouts racism and makes juvenile threats we can concentrate on important things. Marilyn's dalliance with Uncle Herman. Nubile starlets of the 1960's. And of course the fact that Betty Rubble is a dirty girl.

Let's keep our priorities in order.

26 comments:

windbag said...

I am basically a first amendment absolutist but maybe I am also the self righteous hypocrite...

Nothing hypocritical or contradictory about being a first amendment absolutist and limiting to the commenters here and excluding them when you chose to do so. I'm all for free speech, but won't allow certain speech in my house. I'm all for free assembly, but I've banned people from my business.

Preaching to the choir here, but free speech carries responsibilities. When I taught school I told the students that if they couldn't police themselves, they forced me to police them. It was their choice. Same with free speech.

Some people can't edit themselves and invite others to do it for them. Loudmouths dropping f-bombs at ball games with kids all around need to be told to shut up. (That won't work at NASCAR races, though, so don't bother.)

Commenters on blogs are a different critter altogether. I don't frequent TOP or Lem's, so I don't know what's going on. I do know that Meade is a shithead who can only call names. He called me a racist without any provocation on my blog. A total WTF moment when he launched that. Titus, Inga, and Crack all need to lie down on a couch and talk to someone about their childhood.

Life's too short to waste it on people like them. I tend to be a cold-hearted asshole, but I chose to view losers like that as mere electronic blips...insignificant and expendable. I've got real world problems, challenges, and people to deal with and I need to devote more energy towards them than towards electronic blips.

One last thing. Gene Simmons is one lucky guy.

ndspinelli said...

Inga needs someone to pork her regularly. Any volunteers??

Chip S. said...

Is that a tranny in the pic?

rcocean said...

So where are all the comments? When Crack was posting at Lems and TOP, you couldn't keep people from coming over here and complaining about him for 50 comments - now its crickets.

LOL.

And why hasn't Lem made a post and discussed this?

MamaM said...

And why hasn't Lem made a post and discussed this?

Does he need to? Seems as though he's already made a statement.

Plus there's a comment policy under his posts now, which may have been there before, but I just noticed.

I welcome all legitimate comments, whether you agree with me or not. Keep it civil. Thanks.

windbag said...

Legitimate...euphemism for good faith?

Trooper York said...

No it means your parents were married.

So that leaves Crack out.

Trooper York said...

Wait was that racist?

Or just being a dick?

Trooper York said...

I can't believe that some morons are calling for Inga to comment at Lem's.

What a bunch of maroons.

Trooper York said...

It makes me want to make myself scarce.

I don't control Lem and he has a big tent. So I guess we have to let it go.

It is funny where Meade goes Inga is sure to follow.

After what she did to Nick's wife any decent commenter should shun her like she was Brandi Glanvilles twat.

windbag said...

Bastards can't comment over there?

windbag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
windbag said...

Calling for Inga to comment? Well, this is the nation that elected Obama twice. I read a great quote the other day describing those who favor communism...thoughtless minds.

rcocean said...

Yeah, you're right MamaM. After massive amounts of comments -ever since Lems stared - arguing with Crack, complaining about Crack, enabling Crack, and defending/attacking Crack, now its:

"Actions speak louder than words. And don't say anything unless absolutely necessary".

Got it.

Trooper York said...

Lem was more than kind to Crack. He put up with a lot. There were quotes on the sidebar attacking the blog and the commenters.

His move was subtle and effective.

Trooper York said...

I was tempted to put up some quotes from the Exorcist but I am going to lay low and let other people carry the ball for a while.

The Dude said...

Lem wrote over at his place:

"Whatever happened to Inga?

Does she still hang out at Althouse?"


Lem is asking for the Nazi nurse to troll his own site. That makes me think he is the rat here, too. But that's just a hunch.

Michael Haz said...

Inga shows up, seemingly on cue. She also double-teams with Merde when Merde posts at Crack's. She will post as anonymous, but the style is hers.

Trooper York said...

I think chickie is right that there is collusion going on there.

Trooper York said...

Lem has the right to call out for anyone he wants to post at his site. I don't agree with calling for Inga but it is certainly his right.

I didn't participate in that thread after Inga appeared. I would suggest that as the proper response. Michael and nick and chickie are right to say that we should just ignore them. It drives them crazy.

chickelit said...

And why hasn't Lem made a post and discussed this?

Icepick noticed right away too and said "addition by subtraction."

windbag said...

Lem has the right to call out for anyone he wants to post at his site.

It's still a free country. I mean, you can screw crack whores if you want to, right? Your friends may question your sanity and sanitary standards, but it's your right.

Trooper York said...

I applaud Lem for not making a big deal out of it. When you see a cockroach so step on it. Then you get a paper towel and clean it up and flush it. You don't make a big deal out of it.

Lem just put on his pointy shoes on and got the cockroach in the corner. No need to make a "West Side Story" production out of it.

Plus that was Puerto Ricans not Dominicans.

Michael Haz said...

Breaking! Abraham Lincoln has died this evening.

Trooper York said...

He was the father of the Walton's but he wasn't any Lincoln.

phane said...

l3d28v1d03 o8w40y2d57 b6a17l9y27 q5z54h3c55 s3q67f2e07 z0z70j5f36