Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year Troopers!



Happy New Years to everyone. People always ask what party people like me and the wife like to do on New Years. When we were dating we went out. The first New Years we were together we went to the Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Station. This is a bar that was the private apartment of a big time railroad executive back in the day and is huge with great art-deco furnishings and decorations. They had a twenty piece orchestra with a guy who was a pretty good Frank Sinatra impersonator. I mean he didn't try to look like Frank but he sounded just like him. Anyway it was black tie and you got orderves and champagne all night for $100 per person. It was sweet. After midnight we went to a few of the joints in Midtown that I do the taxes for and carried on into the wee hours.

But in recent years we have been working too hard. So any chance we have to stay home is heaven. We go out to eat a lot sometimes three or four times a week. We finish at the store so late that there really isn't time to cook and you don't want to deal with the cleanup. So staying home is great.

And we get to enjoy my traditional bachelor New Years Eve fare. Tater Tots and pigs in a blanket. It's a family tradition.

I hope every one has a happy and a healthy and a very prosperous New Year.

9 comments:

Darcy said...

Happy New Year, Trooper!

Your New Year's dates sound like they were amazing.

And happy new year to all. Be safe and happy tonight.

chickelit said...

Is it tomorrow already?

Happy New Years Eve Trooper!

You too Darcy, goddess of euchre.

Darcy said...

Aww, chickenlittle. You have a great one!

I'm happy to be goddess of anything. Euchre will do!

ricpic said...

Tater tots and pigs in a blanket. I assume you're taking a multi-vitamin pill with them.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Hey that looks good to me. I wish they were serving those today at the Borgata's blackjack tables.

Happy New Years Trooper and family!

Trooper York said...

Hey ricpic, I am all about the health man.

Jager.

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

My New Years Eve wil follow teh same pattern we have since the kids came along:

Play some games between 6:00 and 11:45 (this year it will probably be the Wii) while I get semi-toasted; we will watch the ball drop at midnight and be in bed at 12:05.

But I still remember a New Years Eve from a few years ago-when I was still single- when we started celebrating at noon on the 31st an finally fell apart at noon on the 1st.

Ahhh- the good old days!

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

Shoot- I forgot- Happy New Year to one and all- May your 2009 turn out better than I would wish my own to be!

blake said...

HYN, everyone.

^---Conserving for the New Year.