Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hey stupid where's your yuppie demon spawn!


So it is about 60 degrees today in New York because the weather is freakin' crazy and I have the doors wide open hoping to attract some business. This toddler who is about two years old walks in off the street. No parent in sight. Walks all the way to the back of the store while my sales girl two customers and me all look at her in amazement. I go "Where's you mommy little girl" and she replies "goo-goo, gah-gah" cause that's all she knows. I go "You need to find your mommy" as she turns around and walks outside the store onto Court St.

I run from behind the counter as the kid gets on the sidewalk and up past the bodega is a father with a super stroller that costs about $1,000 with a perplexed look on his stupid fucking face calling her some stupid Yuppie name "Artesmia, Penelope where are you?"

I go "Hey douche bag here's your kid what's that matter with you?" "Oh thank you, thank you."
"You moron you had no idea where that kid was. She could walk into the street." I turned around and went back in the store shaking my head.

If I was half the man my father was I would have broken this guys arm so he would remember to hold onto his kids arm. But it's a New World these days ya know?

8 comments:

Meade said...

"Artesmia, Penelope where are you?"

Yeah, her name is Artemisia but we just call her Wormwood when no one is looking. When someone is looking and we want to be affected and sound British, we pronounce her Art-uh-MISS-ya.

Because we're yuppies. Kiss our asses. But wait! first let us try to pull our heads out of our butts. Okay, you may kiss now.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Wouldn't half a man settle for breaking his finger?

Trooper York said...

Maybe his nose.

ricpic said...

Okay, I'm not really defending this guy, but doesn't something like this happen once or twice at least to all parents with tykes? Next to impossible to keep an eye on them 100% of the time. And yes, he should have had her on a string, but sometimes a yuppie forgets.

Trooper York said...

But dude, the kid walked into a store and the father had no idea where she was! I mean no idea. He was looking around going oh shit. The kid was a toddler who could have walked right into the street and got wiped out by the bus.

ricpic said...

You're right, you're right.

(Sheesh, when Troop goes into Law & Order mode!) ;^)

blake said...

[clonk][clonk]

9:54AM
LEE LEE'S VALISE
BROOKLYN NY

Darcy said...

Oh, that poor kid.

Thank you for calling him a moron, Trooper. That guy needed it.