Sunday, December 28, 2008

Red heads are trouble!



Kitty Russell: Matt, you can't account for everything that happens to people who touch you. You know, I learned a long time ago, there are some things in this life that you just accept the way they are.
U.S. Marshal Matt Dillon: That's pretty deep for a redhead.
Kitty Russell: I'm a pretty deep redhead.
U.S. Marshal Matt Dillon: Good to know. Next time I will tie a plank across my ass so I won't fall in.
Dr. Galen 'Doc' Adams: I hear that's how they got John Wesley Hardin.
(Gunsmoke, Directors Cut 1955)

9 comments:

Meade said...

Ruth Anne is a redhead or so I'm told.

But she's a good kind of trouble. Best there is.

If trouble were her middle name, she'd be Ruth Anne Trouble Adams. But it isn't. She's just plain Ruth Anne with an "e" Adams.

Like I said, she's pure good. Good as gold. Like what's up in them thar hills.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Meade: I'm not a redhead anymore. My childhood strawberry blonde faded to mousy brown. But hair color is a fashion accessory. Just ask reader_iam. Luuuuuucy...she's got some 'splainin' to do.

ricpic said...

I've always suspected Kitty had somethin' goin' on with Doc. Little guys like Doc and me give much more satisfaction in the sack than hulks like the marshall.

Meade said...

I can't accept that, Ruth Anne. Once a redhead, always a redhead. Perhaps a mousy brown redhead but mousy brown only adds charm and intrigue to an essentially redhead's essential redhead nature.

This is not something I care to argue about.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Meade: As you wish.

blake said...

Yeah, but they're the sort of trouble a man doesn't mind getting into.

Darcy said...

Yeah, I give the nod to redheads myself. I can't compete.

*ponders a change in hair color*

Meade said...

"Meade: As you wish."

Oh.

Goodness. Gracious. Alive.

Let me just take back what I said about Ruth Anne being trouble. I stand corrected. Corrected by my better self: Ruth Anne is no trouble. No trouble at all.

And let me just say this: mousy brown for a woman's hair color?

Way sexy. Way, way, way!

And that is not something I care to argue about.

chickelit said...

Ruth Anne's been doubling up the entendre all over the place--you just noticed?