Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gratuitous bathtub photo of the day- Santa edition

Hey I have been busy running around getting ready for Christmas. My daughter and granddaughter are coming in from Florida and we had to get the guest room ready.

I am cooking Christmas dinner and I had to go to the butcher to get all the stuff for the meatballs and sausages and the gravy. My father in law requested a roast beef instead of pork this year so we will be doing that. Stuffed mushrooms. Stuffed artichokes. Anti pasto to the max.

Plus we had to lay in crazy stuff. We don't really eat breakfast. Well my wife will eat some cheese with an apple but I will just have coffee. So when the kids show up we have to lay in cereal and milk and all that stuff. It's hard to remember that you have to have milk to drink for dinner when usually you just crack a nice bottle of Chianti and some Pellogrino water.

I do hate Christmas with a passion. I love the relegious part, going to midnight mass and celebrating the birth of our Lord. But I don't think the little baby Jesus cares about everybody getting toys. We were wrapping gifts until three in the morning last night.

I love Memorial Day.

4 comments:

DaLawGiver said...

I am doing my part for global warming and the real meaning of Christmas. No Christmas lights, no light up penguins, no 400 strings of blinking tree lights, no big plastic fake water globes powered by hot air, no rotating manger scenes, no talking santas, nothing, nada, zip. I will not waste any of my precious electricity on that crap made by slaves in China who toil in uber-polluting coal fired factories. Just say no to electric Christmas decorations and help save the planet. Do you think Al Gore is paying a carbon offset so he can have his mansion decorated?

blake said...

I'd love to go to a real Latin mass on Christmas.

Trooper York said...

Well then you have to go to St. Agnes on Hoyt St.

Chock full of Puerto Ricans.

blake said...

Latin, dammit! Not Latino!