Sunday, April 19, 2009

You can never get it right.

So Easter Monday some scum bags tagged the side of the store again. Now the last time I changed the angle of my outside camera and sure enough I have the whole thing on tape. In fact the douche bag who did it walked right in front of the camera and stood and almost posed. There were three of them. One walked down the President street and another down Court St. Then the main asshole tagged the wall. He stops to admire it and then walks back towards the camera and stands there talking to the other douche.

Anyway the last time this happened the cops were right on it. The lieutenant who was in charge came to the store and told me to make a complaint through 311 and let them know about it. They came and took a police report. Now I didn't have the camera properly positioned and I couldn't figure out how the machine I had then worked. So I got a new dvr and have everything on tape. I call 311 four days ago and no one has shown up yet. I called the same lieutenant four times in the last four days and have not heard a word. I called the community affairs officer who I met at the Court St Merchants and not a word. I guess they are having a fucking sale at Duckin' Donuts. Last time I had the cops but no evidence. Now I have lots of evidence and no cops.

I am going to try to figure out to post the video to the Internet to see if anybody can id this douche bag. He was a white hipster doufus. You know the kind of shit head the neighborhood guys call a "liberal." He thinks that tagging a building with graffiti is cool. Rebellious. Artistic.

I am going to put out a contract on him.

19 comments:

Jason (the commenter) said...

Paint some rainbow themes into their tags, or maybe add a pink triangle or two.

Trooper York said...

What you want my wife to kill me? She has everything carefully planned out. The color we painted the store matches the offical colors of Lee Lee's: Black, Chocolate Brown, and Creame. We need the side to be clean because that is where Stacy and Clinton walk by when they film "What Not to Wear." So I have to get it cleaned up and my regular minion guy got locked up, so I have to do it myself.

chickelit said...

So cool if you could post it. I'm sure Ron or blake could help you figure out how.

Trooper York said...

I really want to post it. But I can't figure it out. I downloaded it to my computer so I guess the mavens can tell me how to do it. I also have it on a cd. The thing is the dvr put on a program to read the file right on the disk so it is not that simple. But I would be happy to post it to see if someone can identify this scumbag.

blake said...

Well, if you have it on your computer,you can just upload it to youtube, yes?

Never done it, but it can't be too hard. Ron's posted his own videos so he can probably walk you through it.

Anonymous said...

Trooper:  Here is video from a neighborhood housebreak in Florida that srfwotb put up on her blog.  Love to see any similar results you get.  Notice, however, the cops show up in force with weapons drawn.

BTW, srfwotb's blog threatens to be great, if she would only post some damned content!

Trooper York said...

The thing is I tried that. When you click on the spot it has about twenty lines of stuff as well as the player thingy. I tried to download it to you tube but it didn't work.

The sick shit about it is that the guy looks a lot like John Althouse Cohen. I wonder....

chickelit said...

The sick shit about it is that the guy looks a lot like John Althouse Cohen. I wonder.....

Now you have to post it. Paging Ron for you.

blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blake said...

Did you get that?

I'm Full of Soup said...

I told you I'll do it for nothing. Just return the favor some day.

Ron said...

Trooper can you see what the file extension is? YouTube will take a lot; Mov, AVI, Mpg, and more.

Ron said...

If it's in a weird format, it may need to be converted. That's just a matter of finding the right freebee tool.

Jason (the commenter) said...

"The sick shit about it is that the guy looks a lot like John Althouse Cohen. I wonder...."

If you can read the graffiti without rolling your eyes, it isn't him.

Chennaul said...

Jason-

That last comment too funny.

Trooper-

Hell those idiots practically signed it-didn't they?

the FTC part of it.

I'd go looking around for more grafitti "signed" like that, and tell the other business establishments that you have the creeps on film, in the middle of the act.

Then, you know you-tell them you need some help getting the police to "care".

Try the business bureaus or get the businesses to call their city councilman or whatever you New Yawkers have up there.

I would also try to post that vid on some more "local" websites once you figure it out.

Try emailing the whole file to one of the more tech savy commenters...

Chennaul said...

Another thing about the Althouse blog.

Why are there all these young Liberals who nag Althouse so much they remind me of my grandma.

Gawd.

Peter V. Bella said...

Mr. Trooper,
I specialize in contracts of al types, especially those involving transfiguration. I will be more than willing to meet with you and discuss our organization's services. Our satisfaction is guaranteed. We can transform anyone into something else; trunk music, building foundations, concrete highway supports, road beds, fish food, and landfill.

Our rates are reasonable. Once the contract is taken, we will do everything in our power, which is vast, to perform.

Please contact us at themotherandfather'sitalianassociation@borgata.com.

Chennaul said...

Oy...or you could open it up as an "artist" space and let someone create art on it-then protect it so to speak.

If you can't beat 'em...join em?

If they do it good enough it could be a draw?

I dunno-

I found this-

flickr.com grafitti QueensOf course once you did that the city might go all Nanny state on you.

Freeman Hunt said...

When you find the kids, you should, apart from locking them up, advise them to get some art and/or handwriting lessons. That graffiti stinks.