Sunday, April 19, 2009

The wrong guy always gets locked up.


So I get a call from Jimmy Keys who told me was pinched and was in the pokey. Jimmy is one of a bunch of people who I help out now and then. He used to work for REMCO which is a big maintenance company in the city. He wanted to wash my windows but I already had someone who does that. But I let him do a few odd jobs here and there because the guy was on the balls of his ass. For example I had him scrub down the graffiti and repaint it the last time. I had him do the odd paint job and had him grease the sliding gates and polish the storefront. My wife can't stand him because she feels he is a lowlife. Which is true but even a lowlife has to eat. So as long as he does the job which he does, I will throw him a couple of bucks here and there. Like the old lady who always hits me up for twenty bucks every week until her check comes. I mean she pays me back and I am always willing to help someone out.


Anyway Jimmy calls me from Rikers and gives me his whole big story about his ex wife and the mental hospital and this and that. The bottom line was that he had to make bail. I told him I couldn't help him out. I don't even know what the beef is but I don't think it would be wise to make his bail since he would be in the wind for sure. You can help people out who are scuffling but you can't be a total dick.


My lowlife minion was arrested and the liberal scumbag kid who did the graffitie is drinking a latte in his Che T-Shirt and skateboarding in Tompkins Square Park. What bullshit.


Now I need a new minion for the dirty jobs that I don't have time to do. I will be scrubbing and repainting my wall myself. Unless I can buy myself a Mexican.

3 comments:

ricpic said...

The key to helping the Jimmy Keys of this world is to do it with no expectation that the help will get them out of their permanent self-inflicted fix. That way it won't hurt as much: the utter uselessness of helping them, I mean.

I've poured a couple thou into helping a guy build his own house. It's not gonna happen. Just when he's about to put a roof over his head (literally) he manages to foul up in some way that insures it's not gonna happen. I've only achieved peace of mind by learning philosophy, at least when it comes to the self-destructive.

Automatic_Wing said...

Jimmy Key sure has fallen a long way since he pitched for the Blue Jays. Must've had some bad Labatt's up there or something, eh?

Peter V. Bella said...

Senor Trooper,
We have lots of Mexicans here in Chicago for sale. All makes and models. Fat ones, skinny ones, lazy ones, hard working ones. We will sell you one of these fine specimens at a reasonable price. They come with a one year warranty.

Contact us at mexicansforsale@openbordersLLC.com