Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hey just don't recite talking points you know!


I am getting really tired of the trolls that you see infest so much of the internets that just regurgitate the same tired talking points over and over again. It gets to the point where every thread and every conversation is just a recitation of the same crap over and over. Although I am a proud conservative and generally support the Republican candidates in most election, I do not feel that I need to mindlessly echo the crap spewed by the RNC or the other so called conservative voices such as Rush or Sean Hannity. I like to make my mind up on my own and have a different perspective than most. It is just that as a small businessman and as someone who works with a lot of other small businessmen as an accountant I see how impossible it is to do the right thing and survive in the current climate.

A quick example. Two weeks ago the State Attorney General went to the State Liqour Authority and confiscated the books and records from the Harlem office. It seems that the entire bureaus that grants Liquor licenses was totally corrupt. DUH! As if that hasn't been the case since they repealed Prohibition. One of the things that was going on was that you had to pay a fee to an "Expediter" who would go to the board and get your application moved to the top of the list to issue a new license. This expediter is either a relative or former coworker of one of the staff members of the board. You can go through regular channels and wait for eight months to a year or get it in two weeks. The difference a $2,000 fee. It's the same shit with the Dept of Buildings, the city EPA and the rest of the licensing bureaus. It's not what you know or what you do but who you pay. Typical.

Now neither the Republicans or the Democrats will stand up for the small businessman who is getting raked over the coals. They will pay lip service but they feed on the same carcass like the jackals they are. So listening to the same self serving bullshit gets real old real fast. Whether it comes from elephants or donkeys it is still the same old sack of shit.

6 comments:

chickelit said...

Very blake-like post Trooper. And mean that as a compliment.

Trooper York said...

Hey I will have you know that I know that elephant personally!

Peter V. Bella said...

Troop,
No one will stand up for the small businessman, the working man, or the Middle Class in general. They hate us. Why, we do not need them or want there programs. How ungrateful we are.

It is now a sin, Un-patriotic, Un-American, disgusting, and despicable to be self reliant, self determined, and independent.

ricpic said...

I'm jealous of that elephant. (Suffering constipation I am.)

Tituswhataload said...

I am impressed by the loaf that elephant pinched.

Pinching loaves is fun!

I completely agree with you Troop.

For the most part I am a liberal but have voted for "republican" mayors of NYC and a "republican" governor of Mass when I lived there.

I can't deal with the constant back and forth bitching. Doesn't anyone get tired? Bored?

Also, the weather is getting nicer and it is easier to consume your times with other stuff than reading a bunch of blog comments of people bitching at each other.

Also, it fucks up my karma and third eye and I am a very delicate flower.

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

I'll never understand the degree of over-regulation that exists in NY or NJ. For chrissakes, you can't even pump your own gas in NJ! Whatever kind of goal that serves is something I'll never understand.

Your own gasoline! What kind of a communist state does that? It's like they think there's a compelling state interest in preserving the job of gas-pumper or something. Weird.