Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blake is a slut.


Amanada Blake that is. Well she played one in Gunsmoke. The earlier ones in black and white.

I have about the first two seasons on DVD which I bought from the Gunsmoke film of the month club. It is really pretty great. It has great guest stars like Charles Bronson and Bette Davis and Bruce Dern and Steve Forest.

The characters are very different. Later in the show run Miss Kitty (Amanda Blake) gets a lot more respectable but in these early episodes it is pretty clear that she is a whore. She is free and easy with her attentions and Matt Dillon is leery of her because she is so slutty. After a while she gets more respectable and at the end of her run it was like she was a nun or something instead a saloon whore like Trixie from "Deadwood."

But I like it better when Blake was a slut. Just sayn.

12 comments:

ricpic said...

The proper term is hostess. Blake is a hostess.

You of all people should no the civilities must be maintained at all times.

Fred4Pres said...

They do not have the early Gunsmokes on Netflix, I think they start with season seven. You are right, Miss Kitty is less Pussy Galore and more akin to a nun...a nun who runs a dance hall/saloon.

Trooper York said...

You have to get the first few seasons when it was a half hour show like the Rifleman or Have Gun will Travel.

Columbia House used to offer them as a club. Get four episodes a month on a dvd or video which is how I got them. The only problem is I don't have a video cassette recorder anymore.

blake said...

There's only so much Blake to go around!

chickelit said...

Quit acting so well in doubt.

blake said...

We've been watching The Rockford Files.

In the first season, we've seen the usual '70s suspects: Lindsay Wagner, Sharon Gless (multiple), Joan Van Ark, and the occasional old time great, like Joseph Cotten.

But it's more interesting to see the folks who weren't stars at the time who went on to considerable acclaim: James Woods (as a rich patricidist), James Cromwell (as a tennis pro) and Sigourney Weaver (as Rockford's date). Weaver's not even credited.

And that's in, like, the first 7 episodes.

Titus said...

She died of AIDS, just saying.

And the rare clumber is doing better!!!!

Yea.

I had to take him out in order to pinch a loaf, with a towel around his mid section and he is fucking heavy.

And I cheered when he pinched.

Fred4Pres said...

I am working systematically through Have Gun Will Travel and The Virginian. Netflix has those series complete, but not Gunsmoke.

Fred4Pres said...

I am watching My Brother Is An Idiot, which is pretty funny.

blake said...

Fred--

I liked that one.

Roger J. said...

Used to listen to Gunsmoke on radio--the guy that played Matt Dillon was William Conrad who had a great voice--he did pick up his own TV show a bit later, but Gunsmoke on the radio was a joy.
Damn--did I just date myself?

Fred4Pres said...

My Idiot Brother. It is a very good film.