Friday, December 23, 2011

Marilyn's Diary


We always loved Christmas in the Munster Mansion. We would put out all the decorations. Broken Christmas lights. Dead mistletoe and dying holly. We even left out some blood for Zombie Santa. It was one of our favorite Holidays.

I remember my first Christmas with Aunt Lily and Uncle Herman. It was right after my parents had died on a visit to the old country in an unfortunate incident involving some villagers with torches and pitchforks. I was only sixteen and very scared. Aunt Lily was very kind. She took me under her wing. She called her arms wings because could turn into a bat. Grandpa was jolly if a little distant. He kept saying he just wanted to don his gay apparel. Which was strange because it was the same clothes he always wore. But the best was my Uncle Herman.

He was so big and warm and cuddly. He let me sit on his lap and snuggle in my nightie on the night before Christmas when he read me a story. I finally felt so safe and warm in his arms.

He told me that he had a special treat. He told me he had the most wonderfulest candy cane I could lick. But we had to go to my room. I asked him why? He said it was because he had hidden it in his pants.

When we got to his room he took it out. It was big and long and tasted of peppermint and had red stripes on it. But it was green. It was the first time I licked Uncle Herman's candy cane.

I finally felt like part of the family.

11 comments:

chickelit said...

'Tis the season to get your jollies, fa la la la-la, la la...la...la!

chickelit said...

Slow night and a tough crowd.

rcocean said...

Marliyn was hot. I always wanted to lick her lollipop as a young kid.

rcocean said...

Still do.

Fred4Pres said...

Uncle Herman gives me the creeps.

blake said...

Wait. Marilyn had a lollipop?

Fred4Pres said...

You sure you are referring to a real person with Uncle Herman?

Chip S. said...

Did your Uncle Herman enjoy caroling?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Tra la la.

chickelit said...

Chip S. said...
Did your Uncle Herman enjoy caroling?

Well, she was Jewish right? So that's a non sequitur.

rcocean said...

Wait. Marilyn had a lollipop?

Of course - in almost every episode. Eddie always wanted it, but she never let him have it.

She was the only Priest I ever wanted to kiss.