Sunday, December 18, 2011

Now is the time to remember the summer!


I hate when it gets cold. Today is a particularly cold day in Brooklyn. Our breath smokes when we went outside to church today. I just wanted to think about our vacations to the Bed and Breakfast we took this summer. Lazing on the couch. Reading the kindle by the pool. Floating in the pool in the heat of the afternoon. Heaven.

They had the parish Christmas party today and it was amazing to see all the little kids in the parish. We are very kid friendly. Well the parish is not me. I got out of there as fast as possible. But it was very nice. It's Christmas and that is really for the kids.

We won't be able to get away somewhere warm this year as we had the previous three years so we will be stuck in the cold. But we can see our parents which makes up for it.

I just want to be in the pool.

8 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I'm w/ you dude. I usually head to San Diego in late January, I'm thinking right after the New Year this time.

Good loss for Packers. I'm not spinning, now the undefeated horseshit is out the window and they can focus on what's important...back to back Superbowl wins. The Pack looked liked they were partying in the Westport section of KC last night. That's Jordy Nelson's old stompin' grounds and I think he took Rodgers there w/ him. "The boys just want to have fun."

ndspinelli said...

I didn't know it was Giants/Jets on Christmas Eve. I like your shanty Irish coach much more than Jets guy. Who's the home team?

Trooper York said...

I think it is the Giants. I bet the Jets lose today and then it will really be a must game.

The one thing you know is the Rex Ryan is gonna talk a lot of shit. Tom doesn't do that. He just gets his team ready. Sometimes we fall short. But with class. Not like the dog ass Jets.

Trooper York said...

The best thing for the Packers is that they lost that game. Now the Monkey if off their back and back deleting comments on his wife's blog.

Just sayn'

ricpic said...

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh so mellow

Deep in December it's nice to remember
Without the hurt the heart is hollow

Just two of the beautiful true couplets that make up Try To Remember.

ricpic said...

Kids are PRETTY DARN GREAT!...in small doses.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Talking about original lawn boy, I had a nice chat with him this morning (before he deleted me). I speak about it at RRA. Lawn boy thinks I am RRA, but I am not. He did way they were flattered by the site. Must be freaky like finding out you have an identical twin. I am EBL, hear me moo.

The commentator formerly known by one consonant showed up spewing unfunny anti Mormon stuff but he was deleted (finally). Maybe they can ponder that this situation is due mostly to him and their inability to deal with it.

Oh well. Moo.

blake said...

Dude, tell me about it.

I had to put on some pants.