Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I would like it if you just said thank you!



Blanche: Did you have a nice drive?
Jane: What are you talking about?
Blanche: Nothing dear, I... it's been so long since you were out of the house I thought perhaps you had gone for a drive or something. You know I was thinking, it's ever so long since we had a talk, you know, a real talk about the future and everything. Jane, I didn't want you to be worried about the house, even if I do have to sell it, we'll still be together.
Jane: Blanche you're not gonna sell this house. Daddy bought this house, and he bought it for me! You don't think I remember that, do you?
Blanche: You're wrong, Jane. You've just forgotten. I bought this house for the two of us, when I signed my first contract.
Jane: You don't think I remember anything, do you? There are a whole lot of things I remember. And you never paid for this house. Baby Jane Hudson made the money that paid for this house, that's who!
Blanche: You don't know what you're saying.
Jane: Blanche, you aren't ever gonna sell this house... and you aren't ever gonna leave it... either.
Blanche: But Jane you have to realize that not everything is about you. We might need to find our own way. The world does not revolve around you and what you want.
Jane: I don't want to talk about it! Everytime I think about something nice, you remind me of bad things. I only want to talk about the nice things. I would like it if you just said thank you!

8 comments:

windbag said...

She ain't gonna torch it, is she?

Fred4Pres said...

EBL says blogging is all about confirmation bias.

Does that mean calling her EBL is confirmation bias, or just a really accurate way of describing her? Discuss!

chickelit said...

"For what a man had rather were true he more readily believes".

Harsh, baconian blogic.

The Dude said...

"...lest his mind should seem to be occupied with things mean and transitory; things not commonly believed, out of deference to the opinion of the vulgar."

From Bacon to Trump in one sentence.

Mmm, bacon...

chickelit said...

@Sixty Grit: You of all people must appreciate Bacon's perfect deployment of the subjunctive mood.

chickelit said...

One has to wonder from this portrait whether Bacon had trouble licking his own wounds.

Fred4Pres said...

chicken, well they were obviously trying to prevent him from doing so. But if I were bacon, I would be licking myself all the time. Who wouldn't? Bacon is delicious!

chickelit said...

But if I were bacon, I would be licking myself all the time.

Just like a dog!

Gotta wonder if Troop is more like W.C. Fields when it comes to dogs.