Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hey I was busy shopping for Fabrics

So I am sorry that I haven't been posting as much as I used to but I have been mucho busy. As I had mentioned my employees have all quit or were fired so it is basically me and Lisa working every day. I have hired two part timers to fill in around the edges but we are doing the bulk of it.

When you run a store and a business like we do it is not just opening the door and letting the money roll in.
We manufacture all of our clothes so we have to buy the fabric and the trim and take it to the factory and pick up the finished pieces. I used to have this Jap twat that did this but her husband lost his job so she had to take a full time job to support her family. So I am doing her job as well as my own.

Today we spent all day in the garment center. We got fabric for our spring line and trim such as leather and zippers and all kinds of shit that goes into manufacturing. We went to about twenty places so we are really beat.

But I just did not want to miss another day posting.

3 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I could have never worked w/ my bride.

Trooper York said...

It can be tough.

For example every fabric I liked Lisa shot down. So I learn to not like something I like if you know what I mean.

I just want shit that is going to sell. She does listen when I am totally against something I will say that. Usually it is something we tried already and didn't work. I ask "Why is it gonna work this time?" And there is no answer to that one.

MamaM said...

I experience that kind of creative engagement, physical hoofing around and decision making as a double edged sword: invigorating on one side and energy draining on the other.

Actively listening and working through the process with a spouse in a companionable yet productive way is a whole 'nother challenge!

I like the "why is it gonna work this time" question, because it reflects the phrase I've been cogitating on and trying to implement since I read it last week in the horse guy's book:

"Whether or not you get what you're looking for depends on one thing and one thing only. It depends on your willingness to do something different." Wyatt Webb