Saturday, April 6, 2013

Remembrance of Things Pabst

So we decided to go out to eat Friday. I was exhausted. It was a very busy day. I sold and sold all day long from the moment I opened the doors. Not that I am complaining. But I had no employees and now we hired two part timers who didn't know anything. So I was running around like a monkey and was way too fuckin tired to cook. So we decided to go to one of our favorites Marco Polo which we haven't gone to since the Super Bowl Party.

First off they are doing this new happy hour thing. They have this beautiful bar and they are doing two for one cocktails. And they made up ten new cocktails just for that reason. I had the "Negrontini" which is part of the new summer cocktail menu. It is basicly an old fashioned Manhattan and it was great. I had a couple. Well more than a couple. You see we didn't want to have any wine so we stuck to cocktails. As usual I outdrank Lisa three to one. But then I was very thirsty. She stuck with the classic Cosmo.

Then we ordered the appetizer. Marco brought out this new dish he was trying out for the summer menu. It was a baked riccotta over a bed of summer veggies like cucumber, heirloom cherry tomatoes, zucchini and nice crusty croutons. Over a spiced tomato gazpacho. Man it was great. Spicy but a cold dish it's medley of flavor was right on the money.

For the entree I had my usual veal piccata which was great because I didn't have it for so long. Lisa had the special which was a beet pasta which was great since it had no gluten or white flour. She loved it. Of course we had to substitute grilled chicken for shrimp. It was great.

We had one last cocktail and shared a cream burlee for dessert. The best part about the meal is that it was so long since we ate there that we really enjoyed all of the food. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Or at least hungrier.

3 comments:

chickelit said...

I made harpoons last night:

ricpic said...

If you out-drank her 3 to 1 and she had only two drinks you had six?!?! If it's a stiff drink I feel it after just one. Two and I'm woozy. Different worlds. And don't tell me you had nine!

rcocean said...

Its sounds great. Of course, I'm no judge of Italian food. Spaghetti with clam sauce and Lasagna is all I know.

But even I think "Olive garden" sucks. So there's that.