Friday, April 26, 2013

You don't know Jack...about Jack




So last night I was torturing Lisa by making her watch old TV shows when we were lying down before we went to sleep. Now she rejected "The Riflemen" and "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."  We caught an episode of "Adam 12" which I will do a separate post about later. But then I really made her crazy!

A put on an episode of the ancient "Jack Benny Show" from when television first began! It was the one where they had on Bobby Darin who was a young Heartthrob at the time. He was supposed to play Jack in his new bio-pic. It was entertaining but there was one really funny thing about it. It was really gay! I mean Titus quality gay!

First there was a scene in a nightclub where we are introduced to Bobby Darin. Now in the background against the wall visible right over the head of Jack's manager was a statue. A greek statue. A naked greek statue. Whose balls and johnson looked like they were on top of the guys head! It was a Roman helmet from a Greek statue!

Then Jack meets Bobby. Now Jack doesn't want him to play him but Bobby kisses his ass so much that he turns around and agrees to him playing him in a movie. But he suggest that he come stay with him so he could "understand him." Then next scene they are in his house and Darin goes "So am I going to meet your wife?"  Jack goes "No she is going to be away for a week. It is just the two of us." Various high jinks ensue which involve not eating dinner and dry cleaning. All very gay. But the topper is when a sailor walks in. Yes that is right a sailor. With the whole sailor suit with the little hat and everything. That was when we shut it off.

It was just too gay!

Seriously who knew?

15 comments:

Chip S. said...

If you think that was gay, try watching Leave It to Beaver.

chickelit said...

Tastes like fennel to me.

chickelit said...

A highly political chirbit I left over on TOP earlier: Ha ha Sherrod You Are

Chip S. said...

That was a good one. Still, I like all the Twilight Zone ones best.

How come they always run way shorter than the time markings? It's so disappointing.

chickelit said...

Amateur editing...still evolving!

Titus said...

I am still dealing with the death of Tamerlan.

He was so hot and lived blocks from me.

I wish we could of met and I could of rubbed him down after his boxing workouts while the younger bro jerked off watching.

tits...and total sadness.

they were so fucking hot.

MamaM said...

For the two bits left in the doorway, MamaM could have told you that kind of hotness has a short shelf life, but no, taking direction is not your strong suit Titus, even when handed a gift by an angel.

What'd you think the rosary was pressed into your hand for, if not such a time as this?

The Dude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dude said...

How is Titus like Jeff Dunham?

They both want to shove their arm up the ass of a dead terrorist.

They are unlike each other in that Jeff Dunham is literate and funny.

windbag said...

Sixty's back. Sweet.

ndspinelli said...

my old man loved Jack Benny and one of the reasons was because he was so, "sissified". I believe many adults saw that back then.

chickelit said...

Sixty Grit said...
How is Titus like Jeff Dunham?

They both want to shove their arm up the ass of a dead terrorist.


I heard the corpse is unclaimed and available in the morgue, waiting for Titus.

Seriously, he needs to get over his obsession with dead terrorists and start cadavorting with live, festering bodies to hasten his own demise.

Titus said...

"hasten his own demise."

How hateful chick.

Chip S. said...

I think Jack Benny was hilarious.

His delivery of the line "So they call me Concentration Camp Ehrhardt?" in To Be or Not To Be was epic. I crack up every single time he says it.

OTOH, none of the clips I've ever seen help me understand why people used to think Milton Berle was funny.

chickelit said...

Hateful? I think it's pushing back at ugly. And victim mentality.