Sunday, September 21, 2014

De Blasio Time



We have been having a lot of issues lately on Court St.

I had graffiti on my wall for the first time in a couple of years. Large packs of youtes are walking up and down Court St where this didn't happen so much before. They usually left school and went to the subway or bus and then home. But now they are walking around egging each other on cursing and pushing each other.

Then came the day that Japan was coming to do their wholesale shopping. I was in the back office part working up some of the paperwork when the door opened and this guy comes in. Wearing a Scream mask. My next door neighbor Nelson who owns the bodega was right behind him. With a Con Ed guy who was getting a sandwich. I saw it on the Camera and started to put my computer down and get out of the chair I was sunk in. I have to figure something out because me reaction time it too slow with this set up. But Lisa's wasn't.

She reached behind her and took out the bat we keep behind the counter. She told the guy "Get the fuck out of my store before I beat the living shit out of you." The dude looked behind him and at her charging him and he ran outside. He stood there for a minute but ran for his life when Lisa came out and I was right behind her.

Lisa was yelling at him. Pretty much scared the shit out of everyone on Court St.

Naturally I called the cops. The douche on the phone said to me "Well what did he do? Did he have a weapon? Did he still anything? Did he say anything?" "No my wife chased him out of the store with a bat." "You should not have done that." "What the fuck?" "You have to let us handle it. You could get in a lot of trouble if you did anything to him." "What you want us to wait until we got hurt or robbed or whatever?"

I am going to the community board meeting to ask why there are no foot patrols but I already know the answer. The police. Only minutes away when every second counts. The thieves have the rights. The store owner or house owner has none and is just there to be in a Michael Brown video or be George Zimmermaned after the fact.

It is De Blasio time.

4 comments:

chickelit said...

I was in the back office part working up some of the paperwork when the door opened and this guy comes in. Wearing a Scream mask. My next door neighbor Nelson who owns the bodega was right behind him.

So was your neighbor pranking you or unaware?

Trooper York said...

No he was following the guy in case he was going to rob us. This guy was up to no good.

We watch out for each other. I remember one Mothers Day when he had about $10,000 in cash on hand. There was this big muscle head with prison tats hanging around his store. I saw that and went in to tell him and offered to hang around until he closed. He told me "Jim don't worry. I have about thirty members of my family hanging around in the back having a barbeque. If he is stupid enough to try something we will cut him up into cuchifritos."

We watch out for each other. We have to. The cops aren't going to do shit.

Methadras said...

I still don't know how you can live in NYC after these leftist landsharks take over and let the scum run all over the place.

Trooper York said...

Hey I am sort of stuck. I have a business to run. At least for the next five years. Then we shall see.