Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hey it is soft......a soft opening

Well we had the soft opening of the back store today. We did some pretty good sales. No promotion. No announcement. Just people walking by.

It takes a couple of months to get the kinks out of a new store. You have to figure out where everything goes. How to display stuff. Where to put the back stock. In fact everything has changed since we took these photo's earlier in the day. It is an ongoing project.

For example we switched the bras and the night gowns in this photo. The bras are now in the foreground when you first walk in the door. The underwear on the nearest table had been sitting in the front store for weeks with no one buying them. We sold six pairs today. It is all about the display.

A bunch of stuff has to still be done. I am going to hang chains from the ceiling for display. I have to cover up the fridge. I also have to sort out the shelving and how I will utilize it.

But we are opened. Finally.

4 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Looks like a French whorehouse in Brooklyn. That was the goal, right?

chickelit said...

I am going to hang chains from the ceiling for display.

Don't forget the whips. When "Shifty Grades of Fey" hits the screens next year, your sales will go through the roof.

Aridog said...

Man, Trooper, I have to tip my hat to you, running a wholesale business with Japanese, and a retail businesses front and back. "Retail" and the related wholesale aspects are two things I. Could. Never. Do. Ever.

Been on line sporadically while I fought a Trojan/Virus named "UpdateFlashPlayer_df156d3a" dot exe. It has hit me 3 times in the past 30 odd days and I'm not certain of the source, except that it is NOT Adobe. It managed to get on to my C:\ drive then backed up to an E:\ drive, so weeding it out has been fun. Most anti-virus software should spot it & quarantine it...it is not new, but it is persistent. Once quarantined, delete it entirely....otherwise it will return again. Took a while to track down the file on the back up drive to kill it there as well. Hint "Recycle Bin" where you delete things does not kill it...you have to empty that folder, and maybe ever eradicate it with CCleaner or Vipre.

rcocean said...

IOW, you have to figure out what the idiot public wants and then give it to them.

One reason, I stayed out of retail.