Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am all mixed up. Can we put the cake and the comfort food polls together?

You won't believe what google brings up when you search hot chicks eating Meat Loaf. But one of the things was this cool website Not Quite Nigella at : www.notquitenigella.com

Anyway they had this cool reciepe for meatloaf and mashed potato cupcakes.

Makes 12-15 cupcakesMeatloaf filling
500g minced beef
500g sausage meat
80g quick cook oats
70g A.1. Steak sauce
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Maldon salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing really well with your hands or a fork
3. Divide mixture into cupcake liners and then press firmly to reduce holes and spaces and give it an even top (these will not rise)
4. Cook in oven for 30 minutes
5. Top with mash potato piped using a star nozzle (I used the recipe for mash here omitting the cheese and garlic)
6. Top with puff pastry hearts

Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson recipe for Mini Meatloaves from Nigella Express

I think I might try this myself.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Yum!

And Trooper...not telling you what to blog, but where is Nigella? Has she been featured on the cover of TY yet?

ChocolateGodzilla said...

Who wouldn't want to stuff Nigella, so to speak. Make a good poll question, that- TV food personality I'd most like to stuff, so to speak. And I will be extremely disappointed if Titus and I vote for the same stuffee, so to speak.

Trooper York said...

Hey I have Rachel Ray in that one. But that's a good idea man, I might do that one next.