Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Laura Bush's Dairy

Well I was trying to watch the rasslin matches last night when George comes in to tell me that Barry O was talking to a joint session of Congress. I thought that was strange since it wasn't time for the State of the Union. I mean he has barely been President for a month and he already has to speak to Congress.

Anyway W insists that we watch to see if he would throw us under the bus, which he does of course. Now I understand how partisanship works but he was laying it on a little thick. The changes he wants sound great and all at first glance, I mean who doesn't want affordable health care. But who is going to pay for it all. Not that we ever worried about that but we were buying cool stuff like bombs and planes and blowing shit up. Not spending money so chubby welfare moms in Detroit can get stomach band surgery so they could look like Beyonce. I mean I can't believe that they are going to spend all that money on plastic surgery. They can do so much with simple every day items that really don't cost that much but improve their quality of life.

That's what W and I do. I mean you know that we like costumes. And props. But what I like best is when we role play. I especially like when W dress up like my favorite romance novels. I got him this really cool wig and he looks just like Fabio when he puts it on. Then we play proper Southern Bell and stable boy or English Lady and Italian gondola driver. That's my favorite cause W really knows what to do with the little man in the canoe.

Anyway we talked to the President elect about the pressures of the office and how they had to find some recreation with a peer group that would keep their secrets. You know someone who had as much to lose as they did. I mean that's why I never minded when Condi joined in some of our role play. Especially when we acted out the scenes from Mandingo. I know when I mentioned that to the Obama's, Barry's ears perked up. I think he sees himself as a Ken Norton kind of guy. But Michelle was appalled. I guess she is very straight laced.

I just don't think she is worthy of the Sisterhood of the Traveling First Ladies Underpants. Yet.

6 comments:

Joe M. said...

Laura, Laura!

As any proper Southern girl knows, it's "Belle," not "Bell." And with all your library-work, too!

ricpic said...

With the wig his Babs comes out.

Darcy said...

Trooper is getting TOO good at the photoshopping! I'm never sending him a tennis action pic now. LOL.

And Trooper...it would be great to have you on Twitter. It's been a lot of fun, and there are a lot of Althouse commenters there.

*waves to ricpic*

ricpic said...

Waves back.

chickelit said...

I second Darcy's suggestion concerning twitter twaddle.

Asante Samuel said...

President-elect or President-erect?