Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cool "Life on Mars" episode tonight


Hey there is a cool episode of "Life on Mars" where the star Jason O'Mara who is Irish gets to pay Irish where he goes undercover to go after the Irish Mob on the West Side. The Westies were all the rage in the 1980's. I used to do the taxes for this auto radiator place on the West Side in early '80's and those guys used to hang out at a bar up the block. This joint was just an open garage where they would yank the radiators from taxi-cabs, boil them out to find the holes and then patch them up and reinstall them. It was about one million degrees in that joint and they used to leave the garage doors open even when it was like ten below zero out. So every once in a while we would see the Westie guys chasing some guy down the street that owed money to the shy and wouldn't pay. One of the workers at the radiator place was a stone junkie and once when I opened to door to the toilet he was passed out on the pot with a needle still in his arm. I told the owner and he just grabbed the guy and threw him in the vat with the water. Luckily for him it was the cold one and not the hot one.


Anyway watch O'Mara get to use his Irish Accent to good effect tonight.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Yet one more reason for a lady to stay away from garages.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I like the blonde cop- she is a hottie.

It was a good episode but I see they are advertising the series finale. That's too bad.

blake said...

Sometimes when I read Trooper York, I feel like I'm watching the New York Irish version of Poetic Justice.

Hoosier Daddy said...

I've never watched that show. Does Harney flaunt his schlong in that one?