Thursday, March 19, 2009

See ya later Tiny Twat.


So they decided to drop the Tiny Twat from American Idol. Alexis is gone and we are down to three girls in the top ten. So the summer Idol tour is going to be a sausage fest. Great for the gay dudes I guess. Now Zach can follow Chris around like he was the Grateful Dead or Pish or something like that.


Nah. I kidd.


They really butchered country music night which begs the question what are they going to do with other genre's. The first year they did big band night and that was when Kelly Clarkson really started to stand out. I don't know if they ever repeated that but it would be great. I would love to see if they could sing songs from the great American Song book. Let's see if they can handle Irving Berlin, or Sammy Cahn or Johnny Mercer. That would show us who has the chops right there. I just don't want another loser to be the mentor because that really slows down the pace. No Neil Diamond. No Barry Manilow. Now Burt Bacarach was a good choice. Maybe a songwriter or two would be a good idea. Let's shake it up a little.

9 comments:

Michael Haz said...

That photo reminds me of this photo.

Michael Haz said...

I don't know why, but it just does.

Hoosier Daddy said...

I can only thank God I was a wee child during the decade of bad fashion. I can't ever forgive my mother for dressing me in the abominations that passed for style back then but they say time heals all wounds.

I don't know who the fuck 'they' are but I'd like to kick thier collective asses.

As you were.

Hoosier Daddy said...

Just to clarify I was referring to Mike H.'s link to the Professor circa the decade of bad fashion.

Darcy said...

LOL, Hoosier Daddy. Got any pics? ;-) Hee hee.

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

I still have a copy of my 8th Grade graduation photo. All of us in massive white bow-ties.

Yeah, it was the '70's.

It gets worse. High Senior picture I am wearing a green leisure suit.

Fashion that does not age well is not pretty.

Darcy said...

Yeah, it is hard to forget those leisure suits, Edjamikated. But you weathered them, and there you are, no doubt all stylin' now. Phew. :)

My nightmare was a shag hairstyle. Holy crap that was fugly. I think all evidence has been burned, thank God.

Zachary Sire said...

Thank god she's gone. Now, just get of Little Rounds, Megan, and Allison...and then we'll have a party that I can really get into, so to speak. Get rid of the blind guy too though, that's not my cup of tea.

Michael Haz said...

No one escaped the 70's unscathed, unless you were lucky enough to have all photographic evidence destroyed.

A relative has found and kept a 70's photo of me - poofy hair, light blue leisure suit, Mt. T neck chains, white shoes and belt - and has threatened to make it the cover of her Christmas cards unless she receives a suitable birthday gift from me every year.