Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Paddys Day is always for the tourists.


Paddy's day is always for the tourists. The amateurs. People always ask if I would go out and get drunk for St. Patrick's day. Well that is the one day most professional drinkers don't get drunk because it is amateur hour. Young girls puking in the street because they had five beers in a hour. A bunch of colleagues from work doing shots and then falling down drunk. A group of friends partying and then leaving one of their friends asleep in a booth.
I would always say "Hey I am really Irish. I am drunk and stupid all year long. Not just on Paddy's day."

4 comments:

Ron said...

Really it's kind of like 'Vampires don't go out on Halloween', as we learned from watching Buffy!

ricpic said...

England, get out of Ireland! BeGorrah!!


Okay, I'm not part of the tribe but one day of the year I'm allowed to say that!...this may be where Troop shows me the door.

Trooper York said...

Don't worry ricpic. We will always need a couple of hebes to count the money. Happy Paddy's day.

Penny said...

(Peeks in and feels VERY touristy)

O'well. ;)