Saturday, March 14, 2009

What we have here is a failure to communicate.


What we have here is a failure to communicate. Here it is Saturday and I am working selling bloomers and you guys are all resting and laying in the bath. I just put Sam Cooke on the Ipod and it's playing "Twisting the Night Away" and I am doing the Twist behind the counter hoping to attract customers. Or at least get them so horrified that they will buy stuff to stop me from dancing.
I have to get all the dancing out of my system before the wife shows up since she doesn't let me dance in public. But what we have here is a failure to communicate. So I am communicating through the Dance.

6 comments:

dr kill said...

Yeah, Troop, I haven't had a day off since Xmas, and you don't hear me complaining or bragging. I spent the afternoon here in PBC watching 26 goal polo. Someone has to do it, and get paid for it.
If I didn't like life this way I wouldn't live it so. Man, do I hate whining. I fart in the general direction of all who live only for the weekend, and the pension.
Don't get me started.
I do have a day off scheduled, it's the 15th of May. Son number 2 graduating from Tulane. 3 down and one to go. hello New Orleans.

Jason (the commenter) said...

This is the hottest "guy in a bath tub" picture yet. He's not just reading one book, but two!

Michael Haz said...

Trooper, I admire the way you carpe the shit out of your diem, every diem..

Trooper York said...

I just live for the dance man.

Trooper York said...

It's just that the wife is not digging the huckle buck.

Michael Haz said...

It's just that the wife is not digging the huckle buck.

Man, I haven't heard that one since the episode of The Honeymooners where Ralph Cramden tries to learn the huckle buck to impress his wife.

Looked for it on YouTube, couldn't find it, but did see some great Ralph Cramden and Ed Norton scenes.