Saturday, March 28, 2009

Now I know why I loved "LIfe on Mars."

I finally figured out why I really love the show "Life on Mars."It is the sensibility of the creators. It was the second to the last episode and it costarred Peter Gherty as an FBI agent who is investigating the squad. Anyway he has a scene in which he is standing by coffee machine talking to the guy who came back in time. And you know what he is talking about? Angie Dickensen in Police Woman. He goes"I love Angie Dickensen." So Sam Tyler goes "Is that where you get your investigative techniques from Police Woman?" Gherty goes "You don't watch Police Woman for the police stuff, you watch it for Angie Dickensen." That's where he decided the guy is an alien.

I mean these guys pick Angie Dickensen as the hottest woman on TV. What's next, Harvey Keitel will have a poster of Stella Stevens on his wall. Cool.

6 comments:

I'm Full of Soup said...

I saw that episode and remembered your udder (heh) fascination with Angie. I believed you liked her other parts too.

blake said...

They're reading the blog for ideas!

Pyzahn said...

I always liked Honey West.

Another reason this show was so cool was the music.

Trooper York said...

I agree the music was great. When do you hear Jim Croce and the Moody Blues and old stuff like that and it is intregal to the story.

I'm Full of Soup said...

We like this show because we are now almost fossils and it depicts when we weren't.

save_the_rustbelt said...

Being alive when Angie was the queen of tv take some of the sting out of being older.

And the music (1964 - 1974) best ever, ever.