Sunday, May 31, 2009

Major Kendall: I suggest you see a doctor.


Colonel Marlowe: I don’t care what he does… he can only make it worse. He’s a doctor. They claim they can heal and they feed you all their pills and such but you still die anyway.
Hannah: Someone close to you?
Colonel Marlowe: My wife. She never had a chance once the doctors got a hold of her. I held her in my arms as she let out her last breath. And I swore I would never let one of those butchers ever get close to anyone I loved.
(The Horse Soldiers 1959)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

William Holden. We just watched Brige Over River Kwai with our son. Love that movie. Enticed him with the comment "Here's a movie with Obi Wan when he was a younger man." Plus, how many good movies are there with whistling?

blake said...

Yeah, I know the feeling.