Thursday, May 14, 2009

What did you do during the war Grandma?


During the war there was a great premium on secure communications. The British had broken the Germans Code and of course the United States had been reading the Japanese secure communications since before the war. So the Army tried to find a secure manner of communicating.


Most people know of the work of the Navajos in the Pacific as portrayed in the movie "Windtalker's" which depicted their heroic exploits. But very few people know of the secret work of the Woman's Army Corp (WAC's) who were involved in their own top secret operation.


The Army was of course a very misogynistic place during World War Two so when women began to wear the uniform they were ignored and patronized by most of the officer corps. Except for one man. Brigadier General Theodore Roosevelt Jr. knew of the strange ability that some woman had to force air through their vagina's. When he was involved in the planning for D-Day he brought it to the attention of General Eisenhower. Together with OSS spymaster Allen Dulles they trained a series of young woman who could communicate a series of signals in code by forcing air through their naughty bits. This was particularly useful in large meetings that were attended by dubious characters such as the Free French under Giruad and the Soviet Union's representative General Potemkin. The WAC's often served as secretaries or drivers and when they saw a particular note or aside they would communicate by queefing in code. Then General Eisenhower's driver Kay Summersby would write down the message and pass it to her boss so he was in the know without anyone else suspecting.


This system of communications came to be know as twatter.

(Vages for Victory, The Invention of Twatter By Doris Kearns Goodwin, Simon & Schuster 2009)

7 comments:

ricpic said...

Twatter, huh? Not queefer?

Jason (the commenter) said...

I don't get the name at all. Is it a take on fly swatter?

XWL said...

The inevitable film will be called "The Queeftalkers", and of course, Nic Cage will star, with Jessica Alba as the primary queeftalker (she hasn't done so well acting with her mouth, so maybe she'll have better luck focusing on other talents), and in her comeback to films, Madonna as the hooker with a heart of gold (and abs of steel) that recruits and trains the queeftalking team.

Jason (the commenter) said...

Madonna as the hooker with a heart of gold (and abs of steel) that recruits and trains the queeftalking team.

She'll also help smuggle spies and munitions in and out of Occupied Europe in her naughty bits.

chickelit said...

So, I guess that's a "No" from Twitter York?

Trooper York said...

To tell you the truth I don't really have the time to twitter. Plus I really enjoy the long form of blogging. I am just verbose I guess.

That mean's I use a lot of verbs.

Trooper York said...

Plus I know myself. I have an addictive personality. If I start twittering and twattering I will neglect my blogging which I really enjoy. I am glad so many people enjoy twittering but I think I am going to give it a Pasadena. But thanks so much for thinking of me.