Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eating was good....it just could have been better!


The dining on the cruise was good but I was slightly disappointed. I thought the food on Carnival was better on the last cruise we went on during the Holidays.

Our waiter was named Marlon. He said "My name is Marlon just like Marlon Brando." So of course Lisa kept calling him Brando because she can never remember names.

Marlon was from the Philippines and he had a very sing song voice. So it was kind of comical when he went over the specials. He had his patter down pat but it was always the same. Everything was "The very Famous this or that." Ok it is fine when it was the "Very Famous Oso Bucco" but a little funny when he was touting the "Very famous Marconi and Cheese."

This was one of the dishes Lisa enjoyed which was Chicken in a Marsala sauce with asparagus, tomato and mashed potato.

The beef was really subpar. The first two nights I had prime rib and then a skirt steak. The third night I ordered the vegtarain alternative of a spinach flan.

They called for a doctor.

8 comments:

Titus said...

While in NYC this weekend there was a huge crowd of West Virginia Mountaineer sports fans on the streets. I had to ride the subway with a ton of them. Yellow and Blue scarves on whitey red necks surrounded by minorities on the subway. It was enjoyable watching them watch others. Some nig called them a bunch of red state rednecks. They were drinking tall cans of beer in brown paper bags-isn't that illegal in NYC? It didn't seem to bother any of NY cops, who were really fucking hot.

Was there a bowl game in NYC or was it baskeball-I couldn't determine what Mountaineer sports team they were in NYC for.

1 week ago I was on the badger bus filled with not attractives. This week on the Arcela surrounded by hotties. What a difference a particular region makes on hotness surroundings.

Penn Station is a fucking clusterfuck. I was hard the entire time on the train-so many hot brownies. I never even seen the big main pretty area. Travelers waiting for Long Island trains were especially hot.

I ate too much paneer this weekend.


Mountaineers!

ricpic said...

I don't eat anything that makes a puddle.

Chip S. said...

Titus, the necks are red in WV from chafing.

(No, I don't know if they're kinfolk to each other. They're not sure themselves.)

MamaM said...

And how tasty was the recent book chum???

I'm finding my resolve weakening as more specialized tidbits are added to the swirling waters under the History and Literature for $100 category. At what point will I sell my soul? It was close today, with the view of Stalin's Toilet making me wonder if anyone else made sense of the weird crap on the pipe in an otherwise clean bathroom?

Titus said...

I felt like i was in the Ice Storm movie while traveling by train and stopping in places like Old Saybrook-granted not New Canoon but still so fab.

I watched The Hunger Games so great. It was so rural against urban. Loved the urban's look.

MamaM said...

Titus, that I actually thought of you as I watched Hunger Games is testimony to the power of your machinations and the susceptibility of my imagination.

Chip S. said...

That's Marchese Marconi to you, paisan, not "cheese".

ndspinelli said...

We used to spend 2 weeks in Old Saybrook every summer when I was a kid. Some great whole bellied fried clam shacks.