Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


Happy Valentines Day everybody. I hope your Valentine gives you something special today. We have a lot of the guys in the neighborhood dropping by to get last minute presents because they forgot that it is Valentines day. Luckily for them, the bodega next door has a bunch of fresh cut flowers, the card store down the block is fully stocked and we have a bunch of accessories and other stuff that is perfect for a Valentine gift without breaking the bank.
Pictured are two of our best dresses. The Melissa maxi dress in the Massoni print and what I call the Erte dress in a geometric beefy fabric imported from Italy. I always tell the girls who try it on that when you wear that dress you should be smoking a cigarette in a cigarette holder and standing next to a very skinny dog. Sometimes they are nice enough to chuckle.

7 comments:

Darcy said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your sweetheart, Trooper!

And Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite bunch on the net...this gang here.

chickelit said...

back at you Darcy!

Darcy said...

Thanks, chickenlittle! :)

Darcy said...

IM IN UR EMAIL.

chickelit said...

back at U there Darcy. (yes, I do think so)

Michael Haz said...

Happy Valentines Day all (well, all the wimmins actually)

True story: While and undergraduate carrying a full credit load and working two part time jobs (pizza chef and welder) I met a nice girl just before Valentines Day.

Wanting to do the right thing, but also being totally out of time, I dashed into a pharmacy, picked out a card, addressed and stamped the envelope and jogged to the post office which was going to lock up in about 30 seconds.

I hastily scribbled a message, stuffed the envelope, handed it to the postal worker and beat feet for work.

Two days later I get a shrieking, out of control phone call from the new girlfriend, wondering what kind of animal I was and threatening to call the police and the Health department, and pointing out that her father was a prominemt attorney in her hometown, etc.

After trying for several minutes, I finally got her to calm down ans explain what had gotten her so pissed off. It was my hastily-scribbled message in the Valentines Day card.

It was: Happy VD!

We didn't have any more dates.

blake said...

Doh! I read Michael H's story after posting on Althouse, i swear!