Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's a beautiful new day!


It's a beautiful new day today!


After the 10 o'clock Mass today, our friends John and Julie baptised their beautiful new little baby girl. The whole family gathered together to celebrate and to go to a wonderful brunch at a local bistro. Everyone was so happy and cheerful.


So it's time to leave Lady Gaga and her attempts to stir the pot in the dustbin of history.


Let's concentrate on what's really important: James Bond, Moneypenny, Marcus Welby, Dr. Kildare and of course Julie Newmar.


Oh did I mention that the Giants have an off week and so we don't have to talk about football this week?


Oh did I mention that I ain't the only guy who ever goes 'Oh did I mention?"


Shout out to NOLA, the Saints will fall this week on the road to oblivion. Wait and see baby!


7 comments:

ricpic said...

Well, I'm not too hip to say it: that kid's adorable.

I'm reaching the blimp stage. I know how to cut the weight I just don't know how I'll manage to get through the evenings without dessert.

About the real Lady Gaga, not The Imperious One: I can see that some of her lyrics are clever but that deadpan delivery repels me. I'm not asking for Judy Garland, just some unaffected feeling for G-sake.

Trooper York said...

You know the wife insists that we put the latest music on the ipod because we need to have a hip "with-it" store. So one of the kids who works for me downloaded a lot of new stuff from itunes. Lots of Lady Gaga.

The wife hates it when I play my music, she calls it old man music.
You know classic soul like Al Green, the Stylistics, the Delfonics and the great American songbook sung by Sinatra, and Dinah Washington and Nancy Wilson.
So we only hear that on Saturday mornings when I have the poop deck so to speak.

Trooper York said...

But it looks like I will be listening to a lot of Lady Gaga, Jay-z and Usher.

Shudder.

Trooper York said...

Jason (the commenter) will be mocking now.

Beth said...

Trooper, the Saints came close, way too close, to losing to the Lambs.

But in case I didn't mention it - the Saints are 9-0.

Capt. Schmoe said...

Sorry Troop, your Saints prediction did not come true. Thank you however for not besmirching Farrah.

Jason (the commenter) said...

You know classic soul like Al Green, the Stylistics, the Delfonics and the great American songbook sung by Sinatra, and Dinah Washington and Nancy Wilson....

Jason (the commenter) will be mocking now.

Nope, I'd listen to all of them over Lady Gaga, Jay-z, or Usher.

Also, her music is heard on the radio, yours isn't; therefore yours is hipper by default.