Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Please Dr. Welby


"Please Dr Welby, I need those birth control pills. All the kids at school are doing it and I can't be left out."
"No Bridget you don't mean that. So what if everyone else is doing it. You don't want to be like them."
"Yes I do. I want to do it with my boyfriend. If I don't he will leave me for the hussy with the red hair who will do it with anyone."
"Now, now you are not thinking right. Plus no contraceptive is 100% effective. You are taking a chance at getting pregnant and ruining your future."
"Well Dr Welby if you don't give me the pills I am going to run away to Seattle to live with the Starsky and Hutch guy and the Keith Partridge impersonator."
"I just can't do it Bridget, but perhaps I can offer an alternative."
"What's that?"
"Well didn't you learn how to play the recorder in your freshman music class?"
"Yes, yes I did. I learned to play the good ship lollipop."
"Well that will be very helpful. I want to teach you a new technique that will help you keep your boyfriend. I call it the Beohm maneuver. Lock the door."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks a lot like a girl I knew from high school, and who I dated during the summer between my freshman and sophomore year in college.

She wound up in medical school and became a doctor.

Now lives with her female partner somewhere in San Diego. They may be finally married for all I know, but I don't follow the ins and outs, so to speak, of marriage law in California.

Also helps explain why I never got anywhere with her, which, if you look at that girl's legs, was a very sad thing for both me and heterosexuality in general.

Trooper York said...

That's Bridget Hanley of "Here comes the Brides" fame.

I could never figure out what she was doing with that homo Bobby Sherman. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

I mean she could have had me after all. So what if I was twelve at the time.

Penny said...

"I mean she could have had me after all. So what if I was twelve at the time."

She could have had you...and no jail time. Things sure do change.

Anonymous said...

At twelve, she could have had me and I'd offer to do her jail time.