Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's a small world after all

When we went to make the commercials for TLC a couple of months age we met some of the other people who had shows. TLC is bringing out a bunch of new shows. Not all of them made the cut for the commerical. The Mama's Boys from the Bronx weren't there. The Amish dudes from "Breaking Amish" weren't there. But we were. We also met a couple of stars who already have shows. We met the Cupcake Girls from "DC Cupcakes" who were very nice. We met the "Long Island Medium" and Lisa kept counting in her head so she couldn't read her mind. We even met the "Little Couple" and it was interesting. The wife was very nice and the husband was a douche. Reminded me of us.

 But then we met another couple of stars. And it was very weird. You see I have had a lot of fun making fun of midgets. I kept saying I wanted a midget for the show. I told the TLC guys that and they were not amused. And then I met the Jordans and realized what a dick I really am. You see they are brother and sister and are just about the smallest people in the United States. They are brother and sister who are so tiny you can't believe it. Smaller than dolls. I mean fucking tiny tiny. It is scary. And sad. And touching. And fucking weird. They didn't talk to anybody. They had handlers or Nanny's or assistants or something. Man I can't wait to see what the show will be about. It is so strange and weird and off putting I think you will be riveted to the screen.

I won't be making fun of midgets anymore.

 (Well maybe I will. I am still a dick)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look like the Primordial Dwarf types. Wow, never even heard of this type of rare dwarfism until a few years ago. Amazing and yeah sad, they seem to have a genetic predisposition to brain hemmorhages.

chickelit said...

Zwillinge!

Anonymous said...

Sehr kleine Zwillinge.

Michael Haz said...

You should have invited them over tot he store to try on clothes.

ndspinelli said...

I heard the girl can't wear tampons because she keeps stepping on the string.

ndspinelli said...

And, the little dude can't stop laughing when he runs because the grass tickles his balls.

windbag said...

Yeah, Allie, they look like Primorial Dwarfs. We stopped for dinner while traveling and the host at the restaurant was a Primordial Dwarf. I had never seen anything like that. The kids with us couldn't take their eyes off him. I admire the joint for employing him.

Trooper York said...

It was really weird and strange because they were so delicate. Nobody knew what to do or what to say. You didn't want to stare at them but you almost had to do so.

It was the weirdest part of the whole day.

Well that and wearing make up.

Anonymous said...

Did they put mascara on you?!

Anonymous said...

I mean the makeup people, not the dwarfs.

chickelit said...

The Persians differ as much from us in their notions of beauty as they do in those of taste. A large soft, and languishing black eye, with them constitutes the perfection of beauty. It is chiefly on this account that the women use the powder of antimony, which, although it adds to the vivacity of the eye, throws a kind of voluptuous languor over it, which makes it appear, (if I may use the expression), dissolving in bliss. The Persian women have a curious custom of making their eye-brows meet; and if this charm be denied them, they paint the forehead with a kind of preparation made for that purpose.
~E. S. Waring's Tour to Sheeraz, 4th., 1807, page 62.

chickelit said...

Imagine blogfather "dissolving in bliss."

What would it take?

Anonymous said...

A kiss from the lovely Lisa?

ricpic said...

I can't stop staring at big tall people. They're so strange.

ricpic said...

But seriesly, they probably don't live too long, the super small. But I do hate big people. The thing that I remember, that I can never put out of my head from my horrible time in the army were the monstrous ears and noses of so many of the big officers and NCOs. Mesmerizingly ugly they were. It told me all I had to know about the creatures that run the world. It was a true shock. Of course you get over it and go one. And spend the rest of your life avoiding the big men. Carry on, kiddies.

The Dude said...

And what is sadder than a woman with two black eyes, am I right?